• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Fairly cloudy out today, though with some sun getting through from time to time. Currently 9°C, and not going to get any better than 12°; but the barometers are remaining fairly high at 1020/1028mB

The Zoom call has just been done, and to my horror I've discovered that there's no Monkey Life on today, so the rest of Sunday stretches out before me like a barren wasteland

Might have a fry-up. I could either experiment with the air fryer, or order takeaway from the supposedly very good café down by the railway bridge which I've been meaning to try for a number of years now yet somehow never have

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Good film that
      I found the script inconsistent. Brilliant premise,brilliant acting, iffy writing. Next up will be Goodbye Christopher Robin.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with occasional blue poking through. Bright enough. Dry. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 13 forecast. Unlikely to rain. Barometer up a smidge to 1028 mBar.

Completely forgot it was a friend's birthday today until they messaged me to say thank you for the present and card! I knew that had arrived on Thursday but then promptly forgot about it. Contemplating doing some cleaning as the floors need a proper going over really - fluff on the carpeted ones and dust on the laminates.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        After being stolen by the Italian army in 1937 the final piece of the 'Obelisk of Axum' is returned to Ethiopa 2005

Comment

Fry-up had, home-made in the end and done in the frying pan rather than experimenting with the air fryer; very tasty

Comment

Vacuuming done, including moving things, skirting boards (why do we have skirting boards?), and a good going over of the sofa.

My reward was a toasted HCB with lashings of butter.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

I found the script inconsistent. Brilliant premise,brilliant acting, iffy writing. Next up will be Goodbye Christopher Robin.
              I agree with NAT
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Kippers for breakfast. Minestrone soup to be for lunch. dinners is to e spag bog with red wine and to be followed by cheese & biscuits.

Half way through guttering now, the difficult stuff (at the 20-30 foot level) mainly done. OK its taking while but having to fix bits of the roof and fascia on the way I know its DONE not covered over like the last the last lot of cowboys. Now I have similar lengths on the ground floor extensions.

Have to wait for a family of starlings to move out Mummy is still feeding them once they are done their nest in the roof tiles is being sealed up (I'm not that mean I can seal the babies in). Any humane ways to get them out early appreciated.

Need a new Aerial (the coax is that old ~30 years its brittle) time for the professionals its >40 ft up, I'm not that brave. Will put the cable in at gutter level as I want it in NODE 0.

Plaster finished, that chap made me tired he arrived at 9am finished at 6:30 and just plastered solidly. He runs purely on sugary coffee.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

After much diligent searching (i.e. going to the second page of Google results) I found a manual for the water heater. Following the directions therein failed to get it working again

Comment

It would seem that the colour the landlady thought my living room was painted with is the wrong one. Several shades too dark! Me thinks it is the right base colour but with much added white.

Currently watching S3E1 of Trucking Hell. Am very confused that they're putting lithium battery fires out with water

Comment

Early tea was a ham and cheese omlette with chips. I overcooked the omelette, sadly, so it wasn't as tasty as it ought to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X