• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And so it came to pass, Miss V3 taken to club.

Breakfast was as predicted Tuna on tomato and lettuce. Very pleasant. Now a day of Town hall and division meetings. It will be like listening to Vogon poetry, I will come back later and hopefully confirm I still have both legs.

https://hitchhikers.fandom.com/wiki/..._the_Flatulent
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning all

Another fine, sunny morning with that firey ball in the blue stuff. Currently 11 degrees (up from 9 about 30 mins ago) with a forecast high of 16. Getting cloudier as the day progresses as usual (where does it go overnight without the sun to burn it off?). Barometer continues to fall, now at 1019 mBar.

Woke at 05:41 and stuggled to get back to sleep. Then managed to sleep through most of the Today programme when my alarm came on at 07:00. Probably for the best. I was able to sleep on my left side with only a tiny bit of discomfort, that was easily ignored, so full sleepy time fidgeting has resumed.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      Danica Patrick wins the 'Indy Japan 300' becoming the first female driver in history to win an 'Indy' car race 2008

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Morning chaps!

It's a lovely day here, just nice to pay my respects and see off my neighbour for her last trip later today.

This is our second funeral in less than a week.

I'm considering selling some stuff on FB Marketplace and I see that DaveB has already done it.

Is it safe (I guess that it is)? Mr C is worried about people coming back to rob us of our old telly ( ), but I explain to him that it was more like Admag than Craigslist or Gumtree.

Was I right?
        Just need to take the usual precautions that any sensible person would do before letting a stranger in the home, I'd say. I'm not on FB so have no idea if the clientel are any worse than any other platform.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Seem to have spent most of today on one computer or another apart from watching telly whilst eating, and of course the telly is really just a computer with a huge builtin monitor nowadays

Goodnight all
          Aye, back in the day it was waiting for the valves to warm up, now it's waiting even longer for the damn thing to boot.

Morning.

Dry.

White sky.

Wanly sunny.

Warmer at 17 deg in here.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 53% RH.

Tuesday.

What is Tuesday? It's TV Times day.

In other news, I see that S1 E2 of Trucking Hell is on for my delectation this afternoon at 16:00.

Rory will be demonstrating his skill again, one hopes.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Abbreviated this morning in an experiment to see if avoiding the new plantation of willows, alders, etc. that replaced the conifers makes any difference to the allergy effects.

Plus I seem to have no energy this morning, totally knackered.

So far the sneezing hasn't begun, the throat is a bit itchy, but the eyes are reasonably ok.

Only time will tell.

<hiatus>

Not too bad today, the itching subsided, no sneezing. Sounds like a plan.

Lunch: Heinz ham and lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly on crust of same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Scam call count: 4 in two hours.

I assume they're scam calls since I never answer them.

Entertainment: "Discovering Lee Marvin" on Sky Arts.

Engineering Mistakes.

Trucking Hell S1 E2 wherein we see no Rory but do see some other chap who's never featured since.

Traffic Cops: the one where the lady on a bike gets run over (literally) by a lorry & fortunately & amazingly enough survives, as does her baby, she being pregnant, while the truck tyre actually ran over her right leg but didn't break it.

She & the baby were ok.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, some tinned mango slices (a bit meh), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Tudur Owen's TV flashback.

Followed by whatever else I can find to watch.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 April 2021, 18:26.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Had a healthy breakfast of a ripe and ready plum that actually was

Not very filling though, so now I'm having a bag of cheese & onion crisps as well

Comment

Breakfast - the usual coffee and glass of grapefruit juice. Gym wasn't very busy, which was nice, but I'm not able to lift as heavy weights as before. Got home to find the younger Miss NAT absolutely distraught. Turns out she'd got some bad feedback on a biochemistry laboratory practical write up... that she just got a pass mark for! I shouted at her until she felt better (Not really).
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Breakfast - the usual coffee and glass of grapefruit juice. Gym wasn't very busy, which was nice, but I'm not able to lift as heavy weights as before. Got home to find the younger Miss NAT absolutely distraught. Turns out she'd got some bad feedback on a biochemistry laboratory practical write up... that she just got a pass mark for! I shouted at her until she felt better (Not really).
                Bad feedback as in harsh and unfair, or actually constructive feedback on how to do better next time that was interpreted as bad?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Just need to take the usual precautions that any sensible person would do before letting a stranger in the home, I'd say. I'm not on FB so have no idea if the clientel are any worse than any other platform.
                  Pretty much this. Stuff I sell is either small enough to post or big enough that it's outside when they come to collect it, like the bathroom cabinet and a couple of bikes I've sold. It's worth having a quick nosey at the sellers FB profile as well. New accounts and ones with nothing but a profile picture and nothing else are possible dodgier but in general it's more about the hassle of buyers changing their minds or trying to hammer you on the price.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Ta Dave.

Well, the funeral will be ending soon, so the wake will consist of a fish and chips lunch.

It's what Cis would have wanted.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Bad feedback as in harsh and unfair, or actually constructive feedback on how to do better next time that was interpreted as bad?
                      Bad feedback as in "You did really badly. In normal times I'd have failed you. You have to do better or you won't get anywhere...". But it's utterly irrelevant. She passed, she won't have this professor again, and in other areas of lab work, she's got good passes and good feedback, so she's perhaps not too bad after all.

Roast lamb sandwich with mayo and lettuce in a toasted bap. Time for a post-prandial nap.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X