• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a letter about renewing my driving licence, which expired last year but was extended because of the pandemic, the other day. So I just went online and renewed it; didn't even need to muck around sorting out a photo, as they use the one on record for your passport

The application site is very much not in accordance with the GDS Design System though. It looks like it was designed around 1998. I wouldn't be surprised if it's powered by VBScript in ASP on the backend, and had various long-defunct Microsoft Front Page custom tags in the <head>

Comment

Evening all

Bathroom works continue apace. No shocking DIY discoveries or hidden firearms though. Tiles going up. 1 more wall and the floor to go. Managed to flog the old sink unit, taps and wall cabinet on Facebook for £120 which wasn't bad considering it was only going to be skipped otherwise.

This evenings excitement was the discovery of a very small and very poorly hedgehog in the road on the way back from walking Dog. Duly picked up and brought home. Was so dehydrated they were licking drops of water off of my finger and very malnourished, they weighed 350g which is tiny for a hog. Got them out in the shed now in the pen we used for the last rescue. They've perked up mightily after a good drink and are now happily face down in a bowl of food making loud munching noises. They'll stay with us for at least a few days to make sure they are recovering properly and have put some weight back on.

It's been a fairly long dry spell recently and it's always worth putting out at least a shallow dish of water for any night time visitors you may not even be aware of.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Dinner was the remains of the macaroni cheese and three episodes of Trucking Hell. One more than I'd usually watch in a sitting but #3 started while I wasn't paying attention so I let it continue.

Comment

Tea has been ribs, chips, and Trucking Hell

Comment

There was just a scene with Rory chattering away as he was driving up my road towards town!

Comment

Dinner was filet steak with mini corn on the cob and carrots.

Brewed up a normal smoked haddock kedgeree but the variety along with chili flakes (essential in my opinion) my wife had used the brown rice so I added about 2/3rds Barley. its basically came out as a poor man risotto. yum!

Looking like fresh Tuna for breakfast.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Seem to have spent most of today on one computer or another apart from watching telly whilst eating, and of course the telly is really just a computer with a huge builtin monitor nowadays

Goodnight all

Comment

Temperature 3.2 °C
                  Relative humidity 92%
                  Pressure 980 hPa

Roast lamb last night was perfect. Good wine with it too. Off to the gym in twenty minutes.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start again, already up to 7°C (it was 6° a minute ago) on its way to 16° later in the afternoon; I think the barometer's down slightly but still quite high at 1008/1016mB

Comment

Morning chaps!

It's a lovely day here, just nice to pay my respects and see off my neighbour for her last trip later today.

This is our second funeral in less than a week.

I'm considering selling some stuff on FB Marketplace and I see that DaveB has already done it.

Is it safe (I guess that it is)? Mr C is worried about people coming back to rob us of our old telly ( ), but I explain to him that it was more like Admag than Craigslist or Gumtree.

Was I right?
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X