• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Fuelling myself for the morning "standup" with a toasted teacake with lashings of butter
    Almost snap - mine was a toasted HCB

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Almost snap - mine was a toasted HCB
      I thought the Dutch were a bit odd for eating things like fruit loaf for breakfast, but I'm beginning to come around to their point of view

Though they have it with stuff like cheese and ham, which I still think is a bit odd

Comment

Multitasking again, aka stuffing the mundane laundry in the washing machine for a Quick Wash in the run-up to lunchtime

Comment

Lunch was soup made from the mixture the gammon cooked in. In a couple of hours or so, I'll head into town and see if I can get some more stilton. And drop in at the chemists to pick up my five free covid tests per month allowance.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Lunch: the rest of the pâté, on sesame bloomer toast

The mundane laundry has finished and is now adorning the clotheshorse

Comment

Lunch was some broccoli and blue cheese soup.

Arranged to meet a couple of friends tomorrow afternoon for cake and bubbles.

Comment

My Apple Watch just pinged with an alert: "Season 4 of Trucking Hell is now on My5"

Just in time

Comment

Afternoon snack was another posh cheese and ham toasted effort to use the bits up. Now waiting for the recording of Sorry I Haven't A Clue to start, as I am in the virtual audience. I may pour myself a small drink.

Comment

All tests pass which means what I started doing today is finished, so I'm knocking off

I could have knocked off before, but I figured it'd be nice to go into the weekend with that bit working

Meanwhile, more hassle

Back at the start of the recent kerfuffle, the council suspended the residents' parking permit scheme, at around the same time everybody's permits were due to expire anyway. I vaguely remembered receiving an email a few months later saying they were now back in the office so I needed to renew it (not quite in those words), which I intended to get round to at some point but never did because I'm useless.

With the recent gate-related drama, it occurred to me that there's a distinct risk that I could take the car out and be unable to get back in immediately on returning, so I'd have to park on the street, and it would be a lot easier if I had the permit. (I could pay at the meter, but I've no idea how much that costs and usually have little to no change these days anyway.) So I dug out the email, tried to use the magic number they'd given me to log in and renew… and it told me that "The grace period has expired"

So now I'm having to go through the whole application process again. I'm hoping they still have their records of me owning the vehicle and so on somewhere in the system, as otherwise I need to scan and upload assorted documents

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Afternoon snack was another posh cheese and ham toasted effort to use the bits up. Now waiting for the recording of Sorry I Haven't A Clue to start, as I am in the virtual audience. I may pour myself a small drink.
                      SIHAC all done. Very funny. There's one part with Tony Hawkes and Henning Wehn where I was literally crying with laughter. It'll be aired on 4 June so I'll have forgotten what I was laughing at by then so I'll get to enjoy it again.

Comment

Working...
                      X