• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sky's clearing a bit and it's turning sunny out

There's a flagpole outside the secondary portion of the carpet shop over the road; I'm not sure it's ever had a flag on it before. But it's got a Union Flag at half-mast on it now

I've got a very vague inkling that they might have done the same thing for the Queen Mother, but I'm not sure.

Comment

Looks like I've made an £8 profit on the Grand National with Burrows Saint placing fourth

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Looks like I've made an £8 profit on the Grand National with Burrows Saint placing fourth
        Correction, £4. I'm rubbish at working out odds

Comment

I think there may have been some rain as I saw people walking past with umbrellas up earlier. However, I can't say I noticed much and the ground is only mildly moist looking now I've looked out of the window.

Comment

While the forecast was 15C, it felt considerably warmer in the sun when I walked to meet wifey from work.

Was prompted to contact the guy who helped me navigate a decent payoff back in 2004 when I was perceived a threat to my boss's boss's boss's wife consultancy business (working in the same organisation... corruption is not dead). He confirmed many of my the suspicions I'd had at the time.

Dinner is homemade pizza. Either heat concentrate chilli or I've put too much on. I've eaten half of it and my mouth is seriously burning....I'm scared... BEST PIZZA EVER!!!!!

Currently watching a repeat of celebrity catchphrase we've not seen before. I assume it's a repeat - they're awfully close together.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Bag of assorted shirts washed. It includes a couple of reputable ones, which I suppose will come in handy should the worst happen and I have to go down to London and work in person at the ministry

Though for all I know they don't actually work in the ministry in normal times. Maybe they're in one of the innumerable office buildings the government has scattered around the capital. Anyway, I daresay they expect something more than t-shirt and jeans, though admittedly my knowledge of Civil Service dress codes comes primarily from watching Yes, Minister and The Thick of It

Comment

Dinner is from Tasty Korea. Quite zingy!

Introducing HWMBO to Trucking Hell...

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Just watched Steve Martin's film, A Simple Twist of Fate. Very heartwarming - and funny, although it is a drama more than a comedy. (Disney+)
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      In the Chinese
                      And very nice it was too, as usual

Busyness status: "Yes, very busy… earlier"

Comment

Working...
                      X