• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

how many have you had??
    It's the autocorrect on my phone, your honour!

Comment

Yahoo! Answers is being shut down in a few weeks. I worked on it a tiny amount at the end of 2007. Another one bites the dust

Comment

Just for a change, tea tonight was ribs and chips

Comment

I am feeling very pleased with myself because I got four answers right in the University Challenge final

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I am feeling very pleased with myself because I got four answers right in the University Challenge final

Viewing here was a little less cerebrally challenging. Yes, more Trucking Hell

Early night now as there's more work to do tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Temperature -1.2 °C
              Relative humidity 83%
              Pressure 979 hPa

Snowed a bit last night. Quite bright this morning though.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

Very sunny start here

Very chilly start too though, for April: currently 1°C, no better than 6° expected through the day, 1010/1018mB

Comment

Morning.

Cold. 16.2 deg in here. What looks like frost or snow outside.

Sunnyish.

Blue white sky.

Damp.

No current precipitation.

Tuesday.

<hiatus>

White sky.

Raining/hailing judging by the noise the precipitation makes on the leanto roof.

<hiatus>

Walk walked during which it snowed on me.

More transpiring at the res, where a portable canteen, some vans, and assorted oiks are in the preparation state of doing something, having blocked the access across the dam.

Thusly the viewlesspoint was not visited this morning, a) because of them and b) to give my knees a bit of a rest.

For most of the walk I was comfortable with all the additional layers on, but towards the end began to overheat a little & had to remove some.
                  In other news, batphone one was topped up by voucher, I eventually managed to input the correct number rather than the serial number of the voucher which the EE bot didn't like.

Most of the walk was taken up attempting to remember the name of the fern which is toxic to cattle and a possible human carcinogen.

Knew it began with "b" and was on the tip of my tongue: "bracken".

For which relief, much thanks goes to the almighty Google.

Barometer: 1021 mBar, 55% RH.

Entertainment: "Film: Discovering Errol Flynn".

Vacuum run over the carpets, or at least the visible bits.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, tinned peaches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Film: Discovering Sidney Poitier".

We've had rain, hail, and snow.

Currently awaiting the murrain of beasts.

Entertainment: "Signs (2002))" with that Mel Gibson chap.

Didn't like it much.

That director has made exactly one good film & this wasn't it.

Quite funny in parts but otherwise quite meh.

Followed by the director's commentary on "Contact (1997)" which was better.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 April 2021, 22:32.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Bright and dry, clear blue sky. Cold at 4 degrees ('feels like' 1) with a high of 7 later. Chance of a shower early evening. Barometer up to 1030 mBar.

Bins were trundled last night and have been collected (moved to the kerb).

Going to bake a coffee and walnut cake today to take to the parentals tomorrow.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    First commercial communications satellite 'Early Bird' is launched 1965

Comment

MS Teams refused to log into the ClientGov account this morning. Downloaded and reinstalled it and it worked. Nice to see Microsoft keeping up their proud traditions

Comment

Working...
                      X