• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ents was mostly Trucking Hell followed by Round Britain Quiz episode 4.

Faffing before bed time and then a continuation of the ghost story on R4.

Comment

More The Americans tonight with S4E1, Glanders (TV Episode 2016)

Apparently tomorrow will revert to the more normal 11°C. Shame the warm weather has been midweek, as on Saturday I'm going to see my parents and siblings for the first time in over a year, but while the parents can sit in the warmth of their conservatory, we'll all have to stay outside in the garden. It's forecast to be 10°

Still, it'll be nice to see each other

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start and a mere 6°C, though it's forecast to soar to 11° and get a bit sunnier this afternoon; 1016/1024mB

Managed a pretty decent night's sleep. Well, I assume so, as I don't recall any of it and woke a few minutes before the first alarum sounded feeling quite refreshed

Comment

Morning all

Dull and cloudy but dry. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) with a forecast high of 16, although I suspect 14 is more likely looking at the hourly temperature chart. No rain expected. Barometer up to 1023 mBar.

My hyacinths tried to kill themselves by jumping off the the plant stand they're on. Must have been a poltergeist. (Or the weight of the flowers is causing instability in the small pot which sounds like a very crazy notion)

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          Ruins of Pompeii rediscovered by Spaniard Rocque Joaquin de Alcubierre 1748

Comment

Bed has been stripped and is airing. First load in the WM (sheet and pillow cases).

The caretaker is drowning the plants for the upstairs flat.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

White sky with a hint of blue.

Windy.

Warmer in here at 18.8 deg.

1021 mBar, 30.15 in Hg, 57% RH.

Thursday allegedly, though the presence of the recycling engineers taking away the M$ C ver 3 compiler manual (photocopy) at 06:30 indicated the probable truth in this assumption.

The drying out of the IAR 6303 manual (photocopy) is ongoing.

I thought the freezer had sprung a leak, but it turned out the dehumidifier had filled to the brim & failed to click off & I hadn't noticed.

Said dehumidifier will now be recycling its previous work all over again again.

Walk walked in the wan sun and rather cold & enthusiastic breeze.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich x 2 on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The dehumidifier has removed most of the puddle behind the freezer.

The RH in the salting house is 37%.

In other other news, I really really dislike the smell of hyacinths.

It must be genetic from the days when Woolworths ripped off my very late grandfather when he used to grow them.

<hiatus>

More potching in the garage, wherein I found stuff I thought I'd lost, found stuff to throw away, and, to my horror, found yet more goddamn railway magazines, enough to fill the wheelbarrow.

Tea: the last portion of chilli con carne with rice, more fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Film: Discovering Jodie Foster" on Sky Arts.

"Contact (1997)" with Jodie Foster, John Hurt, et al.

Rather good I thought, though whether I'll ever have the patience for the three commentaries is debatable.

I never listened to the 4th commentary on "Hot Fuzz" oddly enough.

Washed some stuff I found in the garage, to whit the emergency just in case blanket, a white coat, and a table cloth decorated by my Gran (probably).

The latter two items washed ok but the blanket remains pongy and musty after two washes and remains on the washing line airing.

Dunno why since it's really & truly beyond repair but there you go.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 April 2021, 22:24.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Second bedding load (the mattress cover) is on its final spin. Duvet cover in next and then I'll move on to smalls and other clothes.

Waitrose have delivered.

Lyle's have delivered their Easter cook at home meal kit, which HWMBO will deal with on Sunday/Monday.

Next up is to check yea olde jalopy over ahead of driving to the parentals tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

My hyacinth bulbs have flowered and are giving off a wonderful scent. I keep forgetting to grow scented flowers on my little patio. It's a shame I don't have a decent way to grow jasmine as that's a fab scent. Lots of places around here have it trailing about but I don't really have the right set up.
                  How common are you?

Its a terrace not a patio well according to mr Smug Hanson the posh style guru in the wail!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

How common are you?

Its a terrace not a patio well according to mr Smug Hanson the posh style guru in the wail!
                    If you pronouce it "patt-ee-o" you're common. But if you say "paysheo" you're not

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

In other other news, I really really dislike the smell of hyacinths.

It must be genetic from the days when Woolworths ripped off my very late grandfather when he used to grow them.
                      They can be very overpowering. I only have three bulbs, that's more than plenty.

Comment

Working...
                      X