• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning "standup" done. Might go and make a bit of toast, as that worked well for me yesterday; I can hear the "bong" sound from Teams when I'm in the kitchen, should anybody get in touch

Comment

Neighbour asked me to check my greenhouse, it's favourite snoring place, for his missing cat couple of days ago. He found it via some online thing at a farm couple of miles away.

Got an email this morning from an .ru source:

Äëÿ Âàñ õîðîøèå ñòàòüè îò 1500 äî 14000 çíàêîâ, óíèêàëüíîñòü íå íèæå 80%.
      Ãîòîâû ê ïóáëèêàöèè ñ ìèíèìàëüíîé äîðàáîòêîé ïîä Âàø ñàéò.

Öåíà íà ëþáóþ ñòàòüþ 19.90 ðóá íå çàâèñèìî îò êîëè÷åñòâà çíàêîâ.

etc

Looks interesting
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Currently 11°C and blue skies. Expected to get to 16°C. After a few false starts, spring has sprung. And now we're allowed to meetings indoors with up to 10 people, my wife and I will have lunch with the grandkids (and their parents).
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Not feeling especially hungry but felt like I ought to eat something so a croissant has been dug out of the freezer and put into the oven.

Too many meetings today, I'd like to actually get some work done!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Neighbour asked me to check my greenhouse, it's favourite snoring place, for his missing cat couple of days ago. He found it via some online thing at a farm couple of miles away.

Got an email this morning from an .ru source:

Äëÿ Âàñ õîðîøèå ñòàòüè îò 1500 äî 14000 çíàêîâ, óíèêàëüíîñòü íå íèæå 80%.
            Ãîòîâû ê ïóáëèêàöèè ñ ìèíèìàëüíîé äîðàáîòêîé ïîä Âàø ñàéò.

Öåíà íà ëþáóþ ñòàòüþ 19.90 ðóá íå çàâèñèìî îò êîëè÷åñòâà çíàêîâ.

etc

Looks interesting
            Ran it through this encoding converter with Cyrillic (Windows-1251) as the output encoding and it gave me:
            Для Вас хорошие статьи от 1500 до 14000 знаков, уникальность не ниже 80%. Готовы к публикации с минимальной доработкой под Ваш сайт. Цена на любую статью 19.90 руб не зависимо от количества знаков.

So I ran that through Google Translate and got:
            For you, good articles from 1500 to 14000 characters, uniqueness is not less than 80%. Ready for publication with minimal revision for your site. The price for any article is 19.90 rubles, regardless of the number of characters.

Comment

Toast (buttered, wholemeal) has been had

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Go for it!

Well, you already have gone for it, but you know what I mean
                You sometimes seem to forget most people here are the type so things involving big boats, trains and space is of General interest.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So I ran that through Google Translate and got:
                  For you, good articles from 1500 to 14000 characters, uniqueness is not less than 80%. Ready for publication with minimal revision for your site. The price for any article is 19.90 rubles, regardless of the number of characters.
                  Wow, you are clearly not as lazy as me NF! Sounds a great offer, if I do a reply can you translate it back into "Ïðè ïîêóïêå - ðåãèñòðàöèÿ íà ñàéòå îáÿçàòåëüíà" etc. for me before I send it? I'll pay you 19p, regardless of the number of characters.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Wow, you are clearly not as lazy as me NF! Sounds a great offer, if I do a reply can you translate it back into "Ïðè ïîêóïêå - ðåãèñòðàöèÿ íà ñàéòå îáÿçàòåëüíà" etc. for me before I send it? I'll pay you 19p, regardless of the number of characters.
                    oi haven't you heard Nick now has gainful employment suffering powerpointless. This morning Finance asked me to send in "excel normal format" (its linked tables) and only show data from 2020 (filter already applied) scary at the level of excel knowledge.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Breakfast was the last of the Kedgeree which was really nice.

Lunch will probably be cheese / ham toasted on Granary.

Dinner is PAPRIKASH of lamb hearts. 3 large portions made (family wont eat something so exotic) , add a load of veg and some red wine happy days!

https://ruthvalerio.net/best-seasona...-lambs-hearts/
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X