• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Crap nights sleep. I suspect the side effects of the jab finally caught up with me. Hot and sweaty with a dry mouth all night, not helped by a bought of indigestion. Finally got to sleep properly about 4am.

Feeling better now, but still tired.

In Hedgehog news, our lodger has been released into the wild after the other local hogs started reappearing after hibernation this week. As per his usual grumpy demeanour he ****ed off into the night with nary a backward glance and zero signs of gratitude for the board and lodging he's received. At least he's fat enough now (Over a kilo) that he should be fine while he gets his bearings again and finds somewhere new to live.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      The consultancy chief wants a chat today. That means either "we've got more work for you" or "sorry, you're finishing on the 31st".
      Good luck!

Comment

First morning standup complete. As usual when joining a project midway through, I didn't understand a damn thing they were talking about

Another dev is going to talk me through whatever's next in five minutes or so

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Morning all

Crap nights sleep. I suspect the side effects of the jab finally caught up with me. Hot and sweaty with a dry mouth all night, not helped by a bought of indigestion. Finally got to sleep properly about 4am.

Feeling better now, but still tired.

In Hedgehog news, our lodger has been released into the wild after the other local hogs started reappearing after hibernation this week. As per his usual grumpy demeanour he ****ed off into the night with nary a backward glance and zero signs of gratitude for the board and lodging he's received. At least he's fat enough now (Over a kilo) that he should be fine while he gets his bearings again and finds somewhere new to live.
          Most people seem to recover pretty rapidly. You'll soon feel well enough to go off into the woods and join the hedgehog under a bush somewhere

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky with fluffy white clouds.

Intermittently sunny.

Chilly out, 17 deg in here.

1028 mBar, inHg, 54% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in WM1.

Sheets in WM2.

Smalls out of WM1 & into TD.

Shirts into WM1.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

In other news, the res is full again.

Smalls out of TD.

Shirts out of WM1 and into TD.

Cottons in WM1.

A less than wonderful night's sleep: woke at 02:05, did the usual, then failed to go back to sleep, so read the "C U Next Tuesday" book for about 45 minutes which served to bore me enough to return to the land of nod, singing quietly to myself "Another one bites the dust" which I've decided is to be played at my funeral, along with "Comfortably Numb".

It's being so cheerful that keeps me going.

Thereafter it was a satisfying spell of unawareness until about 07:45, just in time for "Thought for the day".

I have no particular recall of any dreams, but there you go.

When life is already a nightmare...

Shirts out of TD.

Sheets out of WM2 and on top of the shirts out of the TD.

Sheets hung on line.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 100% (of 4), running average: 84%

Just had the council tax bill.

Just had the car tax renewal.

<hiatus>

Shirts roughly iRoned and airing on the picture rail in the bedroom.

Cottons out of the TD.

Sheets off the line & finishing in the TD.

Rear sight on air pistol being "repaired" with epoxy for the 2nd time, probably with a similar duration to the 1st time i.e. about 2 months.

It'd be nice if I could find the elevation adjustment screw too, but that's so very safe it'll never be seen ever again.

Tea: Tesco chunky battered haddock (penultimate portion: stone me this stuff is oily), a portion of fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Police Interceptors x 2.

Traffic Cops x1.

Aircrash Disasters Uncovered: Flight ASA529.

That got a bit too real, off to the Bermuda Triangle nutjobs instead.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 March 2021, 21:29.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Suddenly realised I had to post something before midday so a quick dash out to the post box was done while I could. Lovely and sunny out. It's chilly but there's a nice warmth if you're in a spot that's not in shade and out of the breeze.

Perfect day for having the flat windows open for a good airing.

Comment

The consultancy chief wants a chat today. That means either "we've got more work for you" or "sorry, you're finishing on the 31st".
                Who wouldn't want you ? (Professional)
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Well, that's been a hectic morning

Finally got to the point of having some code downloaded to see where they've got so far. Turns out the answer is "Nowhere really"

I suspect the end-of-the-month deadline won't be happening, but luckily somebody else will have to explain that to the powers that be

Lunch: sausages in finger rolls, and very nice they were

Comment

Perfect day for having the flat windows open for a good airing.
                    Only 9°C here so far, but good idea - I think I'll air the bedroom for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Well, that's been a hectic morning

Finally got to the point of having some code downloaded to see where they've got so far. Turns out the answer is "Nowhere really"

I suspect the end-of-the-month deadline won't be happening, but luckily somebody else will have to explain that to the powers that be

Lunch: sausages in finger rolls, and very nice they were
                      Be fair - I bet there are lots of great powerpoints!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X