• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sri Lankan curry. Next time less vinegar and sugar, but otherwise very tasty. We had the leaves and stalks of the radishes as veg - also very tasty. Just waiting for daughter to bring me a cornetto type thingy.

Burn is still very sore, but I'm not getting sympathy from the family anymore - I seem to have milked it as much as possible.

Just finished watching series 1, ep. 2 of the Kominsky Method (anyone else pee in morse code?). Sad and funny. When my daughter is finished her online archery session (it's a Japanese martial art - but online they don't actually have arrows fitted into their bows), probably a couple of Scrubs episodes then bed.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Food has arrived. The Cajun seasoning on the chips is oddly sweet. Otherwise, all is good.

Watching another Storyville, this time about looking for the billions Gaddafi smuggled out of Libya.

Comment

The money is in South Africa. They're not feeling inclined to give it back. US$12 Bn is rather a lot and, judging by the photos, fills many crates.

Rubbish trundled. General waste today, recycling can wait to Tuesday's collection.
        Last edited by ladymuck; 18 March 2021, 21:24.

Comment

Tea has been one of those Sainsbury's thick-cut ribeye steaks, with chips, beans and fried onions; and quite exceptionally nice it was

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Being a kind person, on Tuesday I offered to help a co-worker review a Service Transition template. It's over 200 rows of crap and I thoroughly regret my offer to help.

Your reward will come in heaven....
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Apart from some Police Interceptors whilst dining, tonight's entertainment has been The Americans S3E12, I Am Abassin Zadran (TV Episode 2015)

Suppose I'd better get an early night in an attempt to appear at least moderately with it for the start of things tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Glorious sunshine and striking blue sky. Dry. Cold. Currently 7 degrees ('feels like' 5) and will get up to 11 later. Cloud cover will increase as the day progresses but should stay bright throughout. Barometer down to 1025 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                Karen Uhlenbeck becomes the first woman to win the mathematics 'Abel Prize' 2019

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey again here and looks as if there's been a shower or two overnight, currently 7°C heading for 9°, 1019/1026mB

Had a moderately restless night; weird dreams earlier, then there seems to have been an OK spell, then more slightly weird dreams towards morning. Just disconcerting rather than disturbing though

My ClientGov email address has been set up so I'm just about ready to get started

Morning "standup" is in twenty minutes, so I'd better get up and get dressed I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Morning denizens

Grey again here and looks as if there's been a shower or two overnight, currently 7°C heading for 9°, 1019/1026mB

Had a moderately restless night; weird dreams earlier, then there seems to have been an OK spell, then more slightly weird dreams towards morning. Just disconcerting rather than disturbing though

My ClientGov email address has been set up so I'm just about ready to get started

Morning "standup" is in twenty minutes, so I'd better get up and get dressed I suppose
                    Nah you want to show your real self.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The consultancy chief wants a chat today. That means either "we've got more work for you" or "sorry, you're finishing on the 31st".

Comment

Working...
                      X