• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After Reggie Perrin earlier, then some Police Interceptors whilst dining, tonight's viewing was The Americans S3E11, One Day in the Life of Anton Baklanov (TV Episode 2015)

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

It's overcast but sort of bright. Dry. Currently 7 degrees and might squeak up to 9 for a brief moment. Rain expected throughout most of the day from mid morning onwards. Barometer has dropped a bit to 1029 mBar.

Discovered yesterday evening that I'm apparently to move to a new project from next month. No-one has told me this in any official capacity, other than my outgoing PM telling the incoming PM that, no, I was needed and couldn't be released two days a week. I'm still job hunting until I get something official. Spotted a few interesting things coming up but I presume hundreds of others will have spotted them too!

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      Champion Belgium racing pigeon 'Armando' dubbed the 'Lewis Hamilton of pigeons' sells for a record EUR 1.25 million 2019

Shouldn't that be Belgian, not Belgium? Copied exactly as printed but I'm not happy about it. Maybe pigeons don't have nationalities.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue white sky.

Sunny.

Chilly at 15.8 in here.

1031 mBar, 30.44 inHg, 54% RH.

Thursday by all accounts.

Apparently some play by Euripides is under tedious discussion on the wireless, should I be so foolish as to turn it on.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Pleasant enough if a trifle chilly.

Lunch: Heinz lentil & bacon soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons oak and barley bread, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Four lawns mown for the first time this season.

Quite long in parts, so it was needful doings.

Knackered now.

Entertainment: Traffic Cops.

Tea: Chilli con carne with rice, by heck it's got hotter over the last week, fruit salad, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Film: Denzel Washington on Sky Arts.

Ditto: Stanley Kubrick.

Winter Road Rescue on Paramount.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 March 2021, 21:04.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Apparently some play by Euripides
          I know a joke about that.

Overcast, 3°C. About to nip off to start the slow-cook Sri Lankan chicken curry for this evening.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out at the moment, though it was slightly sunnier a short while ago; it seems there might be the occasional shower later. Currently 8°C heading for 11°, 1020/1028mB

After yesterdays tumultuous faffing about, I have been greeted this morning with an email telling me I have been "cleared" so the Project Lead will be in touch later in the day to arrange things

Comment

So all is progressing well, Tovarich.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

It's overcast but sort of bright. Dry. Currently 7 degrees and might squeak up to 9 for a brief moment. Rain expected throughout most of the day from mid morning onwards. Barometer has dropped a bit to 1029 mBar.

Discovered yesterday evening that I'm apparently to move to a new project from next month. No-one has told me this in any official capacity, other than my outgoing PM telling the incoming PM that, no, I was needed and couldn't be released two days a week. I'm still job hunting until I get something official. Spotted a few interesting things coming up but I presume hundreds of others will have spotted them too!

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                Champion Belgium racing pigeon 'Armando' dubbed the 'Lewis Hamilton of pigeons' sells for a record EUR 1.25 million 2019

Shouldn't that be Belgian, not Belgium? Copied exactly as printed but I'm not happy about it. Maybe pigeons don't have nationalities.
                Its amazing how they do this, plan to move people but don't actually talk to them, its as if they don't think we think or feel.

Companies love to complain about poor communication but good communication apparently is when people resign because they think they don't have a job anymore.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Its amazing how they do this, plan to move people but don't actually talk to them, its as if they don't think we think or feel.
                  I'd guess also they don't think or feel.

Curry in the oven. Five and half hours at 110 (fan).

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    I'd guess also they don't think or feel.

Curry in the oven. Five and half hours at 110 (fan).
                    They are frequently told its a risk at the time.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      So all is progressing well, Tovarich.
                      Seems like it. Having a virtual meeting at 4pm to find out what I'm supposed to be doing, which everybody's been too busy with approval processes to actually tell me

Comment

Working...
                      X