• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    After The Repair Shop I was in two minds about what to do, but I decided to go for it and rewatch part 1 of The Beatles: Get Back. It's great, but my vague plan to then rewatch part two was scuppered by the fact that it's overwhelming to witness so much creativity crammed into so little time; ten days of genius crammed into under three hours is a lot

Also a good reminder that dithering isn't necessarily bad when you're trying to make something new, because they spent most of that time we saw dithering, and we only saw the highlights

So having decided I couldn't cope with part two, I then remembered that I recently rewatched Batman Begins and thus must now rewatch The Dark Knight; so I did. An excellent film

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: roast gammon, chips, fried eggs and beans. Lovely stuff

Accompanied by a full-length episode of The Repair Shop, of which I still have about ten minutes to go

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Finished watching Digging for Britain.

I'm a bit tired so I think I might get an early night as I have a pre-8am start for work tomorrow.

I really hope we finally go live with this business unit this weekend. Fed of dealing with this data set!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Just remembered I meant to put the mundane laundry on. Just a quick wash at this time of the evening

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    asfasdfadf

Good spot!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Friday afternoon and my left hand has decided to cut off the blood supply to my fingers. They're freezing

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: Scotch broth with multiseed bread

This was from the most recent batch of SB, which turned out particularly well for some reason

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Still grey out with a slight chilly breeze, but it's OK; no scarf taken, and no need to use the woolly hat

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Om.

Odd, it didn't do the third one.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    asfasdfadf

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    We boy scouts are always prepared:

Originally posted by Gibbs
    Never go anywhere without a knife.

Originally posted by Crocodile Dundee
    Call that a knife?
    Though it must be said that finding said preparations is sometimes more difficult than might be expected.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 12:50.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Sainsbury's popped to. I was able to get pre-sliced in-store bakery loaves (multiseed and sesame bloomer), so clearly it's the early shift that goes to the trouble of running a few through the slicer while the afternoon lot just stick them on the shelves as-is

All in all, I ended up spending about the same as I always do, despite only needing "a few bits". Funny how that happens

But I was able to get the latest Viz, which I'd forgotten to get the last few times, and not a moment too soon given that there were only four copies left

Upon returning, I noticed when putting everything away that the little thermometer I have in the fridge had stopped working. Upon examining it, I discovered that it's the one that has to have the back taken off to change the battery, and it's held together with tiny crosshead screws; so I needed the tiny screwdrivers, and a 2032 battery. The fact that I had these things readily to hand suggests that I do, at least occasionally, manage to learn from experience so as to be better prepared in future

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

No dreams to report, especially none with incidental toilets.

Dry.

Grey.

Cold.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 13.2 deg.

1034 mBar, 30.53 in Hg, 775.5 Torr, 14.996 psi, 63% RH.

Friday apparently.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD "10:00 to go" as if. and airing in the bedroom.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the chilly sunless grey gloom.

Shirts out of the TD.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other news, 7 minutes to go on the cottons in the WM and the drizzle has started, so the walk was timed correctly today.

7 minutes my hairy arse: it was still going an hour later.

Shirts roughly iRoned and transported to the back bedroom to air.

Cottons out of the TD (eventually) despite various misleading indications that 4 minutes were remaining.

Freecell score in the grey gloom of the heavy drizzle: 100% (of 7), running average 84%.

Tea:

Entertainment: Discovering Albert Finney.

Quantum Leap S4 E11 "The play's the thing": The graduate.

NCIS LA S11 E20 "Knock down": wherein one of the team members has "left". Yeah, right.

Bab5 S1 E15 "Grail": look out for The Knights who say Ni!

Bab5 S1 E16 "Eyes":
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 19:38.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey start, but no frost; currently 3°C with 8° expected by evening - and then it will continue to rise, supposedly reaching 10° by this time tomorrow. Barometers flat at 1026/1034mB

I was up betimes, and thus able to retrieve the recycling bin in a fairly timely manner once they'd been done

Might pop down to Sainsbury's this morning. I need very little. But there's a few things that are in that superposition of "might run out this week, might last another two" states and as I'm up, I may as well go

Leave a comment:

Working...
X