• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just checked out the route to the health centre where I'll be getting my jab on Thursday on Google Maps. Apparently it's just under two miles, which Google reckons will take me forty minutes to walk. But I can walk two miles in thirty minutes or so. So I'll get an extra ten minutes in bed
    Jab #2?
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Considering all the tinkering needed to get the new forum to work properly, one wonders what exactly vB are selling!
      Have you never dealt with enterprise software - there is way more money in the customisation of it than even in the core product (and that can be expensive enough).
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Have you never dealt with enterprise software - there is way more money in the customisation of it than even in the core product (and that can be expensive enough).
        No, the last software system I worked alongside was a custom job anyway as there wasn't a product on the market that could do the job.

Comment

Zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Considering all the tinkering needed to get the new forum to work properly, one wonders what exactly vB are selling!
            Some of it is just due to their defaults not being suitable for this board, such as the vertical whitespace. Other stuff is because I had to go to great lengths to maintain the existing URLs and restore functionality that's popular but which they'd removed (such as neg rep and thread ratings), and there can still be odd corners where my testing didn't reach, often because it makes no sense for that functionality to affect what's over there - for example, the ?goto=newpost stuff that's in a completely different part of the code to everything else that does the job of working out how to get you where you want to be (and runs long after it, thereby throwing away all that work). And some of it is because people use the forums differently to me or admin or, it seems, many other people; and none of those people played with the test forum

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post

Jab #2?
              No, installing Windows 3.11 for Workgroups disk 1 of 2

Comment

Lunch noodle soup.

Replacement laptop ordered

WM on. (Had to put the kitchen back together.) New machine has weird wash cycles.

I'm knackered.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Went for a walk. It's clouded over and become quite dull, and the air felt damp. The breeze is ok but not nice. Feels colder than the 16 degrees my weather app is reporting.

Not a fast pace, about 20 min/mile but I was trying to find something to take a photo of. Didn't find anything that was especially inspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Lunch noodle soup.

Replacement laptop ordered

WM on. (Had to put the kitchen back together.) New machine has weird wash cycles.

I'm knackered.
                    When my WM went kaput several years ago, I really wish I had said to the landlady that I would replace it and simply take it with me when I go so I could have gotten something I would find useful rather than something that suited her pocket.

Comment

This afternoon's #firstworldproblem is having too much posh chocolate and not enough of the cheap stuff that I can guzzle

Comment

Working...
                      X