• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Has anyone seen my century?

Comment

Morning all

Overcast and there were some spits of rain as I trundled the bins. Currently a chilly 3 degrees and it'll get up to 4 today. There will be rain pretty much all day, in varying levels of enthusiasm. Barometer up a smidge to 1019 mBar.

Coffee had, need more.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      Explorer Sir Ernest Shakleton dies 1922

Comment

They have started using a grinder on the road....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

Had a long but ultimately refreshing sleep

It's sunny out, though there's still frost on roofs that the sun hasn't reached yet

Currently 3°C and heading for 4° before falling back; slight chance of a brief snow shower in the early hours of tomorrow too. Barometer is 1013/1021mB, which I think is about the same as yesterday.

The barometer app requires me to go into its settings screen to change between actual and adjusted-for-height-above-sea-level readings. And when you interact with the settings, it takes the opportunity to pop up an ad; easy enough to dismiss, but still mildly annoying. So I can either keep putting up with that, pay whatever it is to get the ad-free version, or write my own to show both figures on one screen

Or just stick to the adjusted one, as I gather that's the "official" version.

Comment

My barometer is the one I got from my Nan's things after she passed away. It seems to roughly match my weather app but that doesn't tell me if it's sea-level adjusted or not.

I like that it has a little marker on it so you can see how the pressure has moved. I set that at the time I take my readings each day so I can tell you all the next day whether it's up or down

Comment

Temperature and humidity are useful in the house but what is the point of checking a barometer?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Fish finger bap (wholemeal, red sauce) for lunch. Lovely stuff

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Temperature and humidity are useful in the house but what is the point of checking a barometer?
                  Idle curiosity

Comment

Some left overs have been foraged from the fridge for lunch. Some bits of chicken, pork belly and rice with veg by the looks of it.

Comment

my landlord is insisting i let an engineer into my house for a gas safety certificate.
                      I've told her i'm not letting anyone in at present, due to the high infection rates.
                      she'll get a surprise if she turns up expecting to get in.

Comment

Working...
                      X