• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dark. Looks cloudy and it's dry. Currently 11 degrees and that's where it's going to stay all day - oddly it's forecast to get warmer overnight to 12. It's 50/50 whether rain will appear. If it does, it'll be this afternoon.

Bins have been trundled.

Coffee being drunk.

Comment

Wine has been despatched and will be with me today.

It's being delivered by Yodel so I will be surprised if it arrives complete.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dry (as in it hasn't started raining yet).

Warmish in there at 16.8 deg.

1011 mBar, 29.85 inHg, 60% RH.

Tuesday.

Remarkably poor night's sleep, awake at 05:30, back to sleep at 06:10.

Can't say the 2nd Sleep did a lot of good, being somewhat deep.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Road irritatingly busy this morning with an interment in the cemetery and a fair number of cars on their way up to the Xmas tree supplier at the top of the hill.

Since it's still dry (so far) and not raining (yet), further tin sheddery was undertaken with the final bit of concrete fillet being applied to this side of the shed.

Once a metal bracket and a bit of angle iron gets welded to the frame, it'll be time to move tulipe back from whence it came and do the same to the other side, basically another bag of concrete & that's the filleting done.

Then it'll be time to make A Proper Bench at the far end to take the wait of accumulated crap off the walls.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, corner yog (red), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Afternoon entertainment: Old Stone Face in "Gunfighter (1947)".

And with that, the rain returns unbidden to dampen our hopes of a sunny day.

<hiatus>

Vac run over the bits of floor I can see, with the armchairs moved a bit in the living room so I could clean under them & find the odd pea that's hopped off the dinner plate.

I think I forgot to take any ibuprofen at lunch time which may or may not explain why the neck is complaining as much as it is.

The rain is raining as if it means to rain forever.

Tea, once I get a round tuit: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, probably a mince pie with custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I'm thinking of cutting my ponytail off.

It's getting very irritating.

Longest the hair has been since 1973.

Entertainment: Tudur's TV Flashback, this time about BBC Wales archive of science progs, BBC2W at 19:00.

The bits of the Oak Island nutjobs that ended up on the cutting room floor, Blaze 21:00.

Licyris Olsorts on S4C at 22:00. Very funny indeed, being the story of a1960s Welsh village (Cwmgiedd being the location used), this ep relating the tale of the Xmas party & Pageant.

Massive Engineering Mistakes: how not to knock down a block of flats in Liverpool (surely someone could have nicked them? )
        Revealed; the real reason why Seaforth tower blocks failed to come down - Liverpool Echo

What happens when you stop pumping water out of a lead/zinc mine (i.e. nothing good).

The lead dust in the spoil was causing learning difficulties in the children, blood pressure problems in the adult, added to which the place is collapsing into sink holes caused by the mine.

Picher: it's a superfund area.

Problems with wind turbine blades.

Leading edge delamination. Oooops.

Fix: glue protecting tape on the leading edge.

Next: Forth road bridge: corroded strands in the cables: fix dehumidify the cables, real fix: build a new bridge.

Next: how not to build a road on a peat bog in Germany. Seen this one before: fix: do it properly by rebuilding the road.

Next: Amsterdam Metro causing subsidence or what happens if you make tunnels in sand: fix: stop the tunnels leaking & more piles for the houses.

Next: Bristol: guided buses: oops the buses don't fit the track.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 December 2020, 23:58.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, though with some clouds hanging around

Only 6°C though; pressure's up a bit at 1002mB, which would be 1012mB adjusted for sea level.

Had a lot of weird dreams during the night, which sort of woke me up from time to time. But whatever mild lurgy was troubling me seems to have got better rather than worse, and the thermometer still insists that I don't have a high temperature

Comment

Morning all
            it appears no matter how hard i shovel, the krap gets deeper and smellier.
            ho hum.
            we'll get there.

Comment

Well it's nice and sunny.

High of 13 degrees and tonight's low is 9. It is suppose to start raining around 2pm.

WM on..
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                Morning all
                it appears no matter how hard i shovel, the krap gets deeper and smellier.
                ho hum.
                we'll get there.
                I thought you'd retired?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I thought you'd retired?
                  addled MIL<virtual, we're not married>, social services, care home catastrophy <fell out of bed and broke hip> hospital fiascos.
                  all having to be handled by 'phone.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    addled MIL<virtual, we're not married>, social services, care home catastrophy <fell out of bed and broke hip> hospital fiascos.
                    all having to be handled by 'phone.

Comment

Just realised I forgot to provide today's Kantar diary fact:

American comedy-drama film The Graduate, starring Dustin Hoffman and Anne Bancroft is released 1967

Comment

Working...
                      X