• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning

Grey and damp but not foggy.

High of 7 degrees, currently 5 with low of 4.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

It's damp out but drying up. Warmer than previous days at 6 degrees with a high of 7. It'll be mostly cloudy with a little bit of sun poking through all day. Low chance of rain. Barometer up to 1008 mBar.

First coffee being drunk.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but dry out, and a pleasant 2C
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Very grey.

Grey overcast.

Warmer at 14.6 deg in here.

Dry.

1008 mBar and 60% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

Very Reithian in here at the moment.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I am listening to Seriously... on BBC Sounds where they are discussing the potential for wiping out the human race via an electromagnetic pulse.

Hush!

Zeity might be listening!

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Still quite cold out there.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Sadly there are no Randolph Scott films to watch this afternoon.

<hiatus>

More potching undertaken in the shed, another bag of concrete mix bites the dust.

Dunno how successful this bit will be but time will tell.

<hiatus>

Late afternoon entertainment: "Trucking Hell" on Paramount, Two eps.

Tea: the rest of the roast beef (still meh) with carrots & onions, so hot the lack of flavour wasn't obvious, stewed apple & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Tudur Owen's TV Flashback with Tudur Owen and another fine selection of stuff from the BBC Wales archives.

Now: The Repair Shop since "The Tudor monastery farm Xmas" started off with how to stuff & cook a pig's head and nothing much else appealed particularly.

Interspersed with bits of "Filthy House" wherein a crushed mouse (skeletonised) was found under a desk.

I think we've all been there one way or another.

Now watching "The Holcroft Covenant (1985)" with that Michael Caine chap, this deriving from a Ludlum book of some seven years prior apparenty.

I've seen it before & read the epic & have no recall of it whatsoever.

It proved amusing enough, Mr Caine giving his usual good value.

Now watching "Cymru Wyllt Gudd" on S4C.

It's rather good.

Though the subtitles needed turning on.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 December 2020, 23:42.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

New gig, new laptop. First time in god knows how long I’m using a windows laptop rather than my own Mac, it feels wrong
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, dry, 6°C day out; and so it shall remain, apparently, with no variation predicted until nightfall, when the moderate possibility of rain arises

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                New gig, new laptop. First time in god knows how long I’m using a windows laptop rather than my own Mac, it feels wrong
                Could be worse; could have been a Linux desktop

Comment

If they are using Office365, etc, then just use your Mac for that, leave the other crud for connecting to their network.

On the other hand, if you've been given a Thinkpad (or similar) that has a USB-C charger, then you've got a >60W power supply for charging your iPad or other USB-C devices. And we all know that not all power supplies get returned at the end of contracts.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Got one of these on the way from Client B. ready for starting on Monday.

I also just found out that they are a Lotus Notes operation. I know banks tend to run a lot of legacy stuff but I'd never have taken the gig if I'd known that
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      If they are using Office365, etc, then just use your Mac for that, leave the other crud for connecting to their network.

On the other hand, if you've been given a Thinkpad (or similar) that has a USB-C charger, then you've got a >60W power supply for charging your iPad or other USB-C devices. And we all know that not all power supplies get returned at the end of contracts.
                      My client uses O365 but you need a token to access it from a device that isn't theirs and they don't give those to externals.

Good call on the power supply... I may have to lose mine when the time comes.

Comment

Working...
                      X