• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Flights have moved from reserved to officially booked. Nice to have something to look forward to.

Will just have to hope that travel is actually allowed come September. That I'll worry about in about 6 months' time or so.

Oh and the washing got hung up about the place.
    September will be fine.

I hope all your socks either ended up in pairs or were nuked?

Comment

In the Chinese

And I got here by briskly walking a convoluted route. Green ring not quite closed yet, but should be by the time I get home

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Good to see you are still tracking him! Don't lose sight this time!

You okay? Keeping busy? Watching anything nice on TV?
        All good ta! I was watching a bit of the snooker while waiting for Strictly to finish. Now I'm watching Strictly whilst skipping the 'human interest' parts.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        September will be fine.

I hope all your socks either ended up in pairs or were nuked?
        I maintain strict control over my socks! All were counted in, and counted out again

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In the Chinese
          Very nice, as always

Busyness: busy! This was, rather grudgingly, acknowledged as better than not-busy

Comment

A bunch of germ laden yoofs have decided to congregate out the front of my building. I'm guessing they're from the student place down the road. Delightful lads saying, "oh so they're not coming out, I didn't want to shag them anyway".

They've now fecked off and peace has been restored.

Except upstairs have suddenly gotten animated and are stomping and shouting about.

Comment

TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

A bunch of germ laden yoofs have decided to congregate out the front of my building. I'm guessing they're from the student place down the road. Delightful lads saying, "oh so they're not coming out, I didn't want to shag them anyway".

They've now fecked off and peace has been restored.

Except upstairs have suddenly gotten animated and are stomping and shouting about.
                Hope that's all they are doing.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm glad that my landlord or manager or whatever seems to have got the agency to provide extremely placid tenants since that business with the chaps who ran a cannabis farm in the ground floor back and got violently ripped off by a bunch of Black guys from Highfields, and then kidnapped and tortured their own friend because they thought he had something to do with it

Though there was the couple in the ground floor front who used to fight all the time. When a new GP joined the surgery and I mentioned that I lived next door during a consultation, he looked at me with a degree of suspicion and alarm and said "What, you live…" while pointing at the wall, and I hastily explained that no, I was upstairs and it wasn't me shouting all the time.

They got evicted not long after, which is when I found out that it was usually her throwing him out rather than the other way around, whereupon he'd smash a window in the front door to let himself back in, which is why they got evicted. But he sometimes shouted racist abuse from their window at women waiting at the pedestrian crossing, so I was glad to see the back of them both, and I hope that any mates he had who thought he was hard found out that his missus would beat him up and lock him out

Anyway… tonight's entertainment started with a film I saw on telly sometime in the mid-90s but hadn't seen since: Good Morning, Vietnam (1987). It's good, but it's also one of those films that seems a bit dated now.

And from the past to the future - or possibly the present, as I decided it was time to rewatch The Matrix (1999). I doubt we're actually living in the Matrix though, as the Machines might have realised that humans could only accept an imperfect representation of reality, but they would never have been able to conceive of inflicting such a catastrophic ****up as B****t and then sticking the coronavirus on top. If anything, that would've been antithetical to their goals; it takes humans to **** everything up this badly for humans

Finally, a couple more The Sopranos episodes ploughed through: S5E7 In Camelot (TV Episode 2004) and S5E8 Marco Polo (TV Episode 2004). I get the feeling Tony should be focusing on the tensions building with the New York crew rather than letting himself be distracted by his own family's travails

Goodnight all

Comment

Bells on Sunday
                    Something Understood

I can't get no sleep...
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Frosty.

Cold in here at 12.8 deg.

1003 mBar and 62% RH.

Sunday.

Some tosser I don't like is doing the Letter from America slot so he's talking to the luminiferous aether & the wireless is silent.

Apparently it's about concrete or something.

The tedium of the Self obsessed concrete muncher was infinitely surpassed by Michael Palin's Road Runner. Meep! Meep!

It's a cuckoo. Not a lot of people know that.

<hiatus>

The car needed scraping to get the frost off the windows.

Tesco & Morrisons Sunday shopping trip done, dusted, washed, dried, and put away.

Lunch: what I thought was lamb turned out to be beef, duly roasted, definitely meh, forgot the roasties & onion in the oven again, Tesco lattice topped mince pie, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Managed to get a couple of Ginsters Moroccan vegan pasties again, so now know what tea is likely to be this evening.

Now off out for a walk in the glorious sunshine with a clear blue sky.

It's warmed up a bit.

Had the central heating on earlier so it's a bit more comfortable in here now.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the glorious sunshine.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 84% (83.5 something really).

Heating back on now since it's cooled down a lot in here & now it's dark it'll cool down even quicker.

Tea (shortly): Ginsters Moroccan vegan pasty and whatever else takes my fancy.

Plus Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, plus 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: half of Abandoned Engineering on Yesterday, this being about some nurses escaping the Nazis in Albania, plus the delights of the Hellfire club, and the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum wherein the lobotomy was much practiced.

In 1952, one doctor alone performed 228 such lobotomies during a two-week period
                      Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum, Weston, West Virginia – Legends of America

Well you've got to keep your hand in, like.

Now: "The Man who never was (1956)" being the tale of Operation Mincemeat as described by one of those who was involved.

Next: The Oak Island nutjobs wherein they discover yet more wood, and possibly some bits of iron, though lead, gold. or silver would make a pleasant change.

The chunk of wood dated 1626 has led to them thinking of drilling another feck off big hole in that area. FG12.

In the bump out in the cove they're investigating the wooden structure they found a month ago.

They're down a hole digging and someone nearly got buried.

And someone else nearly got buried.

Not impressed.

Have they done a risk assessment?

Is there A Plan of Work?

The wooden structure (now half collapsed) is not connected to the box drains.

Meanwhile back to the swamp: Gary finds a nail (modern).

Next he finds an iron strap or bracket.

Gary reckons it's old iron.

Must be part of a treasure chest.

Innerstingly, it's riveted.

Now in the Uplands, more digging.

Wherein they find more wood, possible tunnel.

Big pieces of wood. And an olde nail.

Meanwhile Gary & co take the metal work to the blacksmith for identification.

The "shovel" isn't, it a bit of plate.

The pick is middle 1700s.

Now the strap: he's seen one before, handforged, intertwined grains, off a sailing ship. 1710 to 1790s.

And it's been in a really hot fire.

Next week: more wood, a thing that looks like a marlin spike, and yet more wood.

After: "We love Dad's Army" as long as Jonathan Woss isn't involved.

And, Of course, fecking Woss appears.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 December 2020, 22:03.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X