• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bins have been trundled.

Dinner was more of that goat curry and home made paratha. We've almost done a small tub of ghee this week

Ents was Tom Kerridge trying to save pubs and now MasterChef. Later, Mock the Week.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

I need to go a-trundling. There's what appears to be a painting in the top of the recycling bin, so that'll have to be shifted into a general waste bin

Comment

Fog!

It somehow turned really foggy out while I wasn't looking. Something to do with the temperature plummeting to 1°C, I expect

The weather app, which for the past few weeks has often spent all morning saying it's foggy as the sun beats down outside, now says it's "partly cloudy". This is, I suppose, true, but I would have thought it was worth mentioning that the part in question is down here on the ground

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Fog!

It somehow turned really foggy out while I wasn't looking. Something to do with the temperature plummeting to 1°C, I expect

The weather app, which for the past few weeks has often spent all morning saying it's foggy as the sun beats down outside, now says it's "partly cloudy". This is, I suppose, true, but I would have thought it was worth mentioning that the part in question is down here on the ground
          And where does your weather app think you are if the sun is out at this hour?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Entertainment: TBD.

Powering Britain: Nuclear 19:30 BBC2.
            That got watched, followed by some nonsense about auctioning old motor vehicles.

It wasn't exactly gripping.

Then it was BBC2 for a revised repeat of the thing about Spanish flu that was originally broadcast in the before times of 2018 or so.

I started watching "The Sting (1973)" but stopped it to watch all of the above, rather before the appearance of Paul Newman.

Oh, and I've paid for the roof, there came a knocking on the door just as I emerged from the (cold) shower, so wandered downstairs to find the roofer waving at me through the glass door.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              And where does your weather app think you are if the sun is out at this hour?
              It isn't, so it doesn't?

It often says it's foggy on sunny mornings, as I said. Not that it's sunny now

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  It isn't, so it doesn't?

It often says it's foggy on sunny mornings, as I said. Not that it's sunny now
                  I misread, my apologies!

Comment

The fog seems to be dissipating now

Comment

Tonight's viewing-whilst-eating was Powering Britain: Gas. Turns out I should have watched the Wind one instead as that expires tomorrow evening, so I'll have to try to remember to watch it before 8pm

And then Bron/Broen S1E2 (TV Episode 2011)

The fog seems to have mostly gone now, and it's warmed up to 2°C.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X