• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very wet out. About to light the fire, then might curl up and have a snooze.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon

Started grey and then down came the rain...

Oh well.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

<oh this thing IS working then >

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread (should have had this with the soup since it's rather staler than the aforementioned), yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The hammering next door has recommenced.

And I think the jackdaws have discovered the new thing they can tap dance on at the top of the gas flue.

Later it's time to cook the next batches of chilli con carne and spag bol.

Now trying to figure out a way to get onto the scaffolding since my ladders aren't long enough & the long enough one has a dozen dead pcs and other detritus on top of it in the garage.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Rainy grey 13°C day

Comment

The usual huge Diwali celebrations here have been moved online this year, so Happy Virtual Diwali everyone!

Comment

Chilli con carne cooked.

Despite residing in the fridge for a day & a half, the mince remained semifrozen in the centre so a little judicious nuking was required.

The mince for the bol was in a similar state so the container was topped up with cold water which did the job but had other negative side effects.

Such as requiring straining, then the mince took ages for the remaining water to boil off before it started frying.

All done now.

Looks like I was sufficiently generous with the chilli powder this time, both for the chilli and the bol.

In other news, it's been hammering down with murrain of beasts since about 12:30, whilst the hammering next door is interspersed with hammer drilling.

On the party wall of course.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Battling the dismal greyness of the day with a warming bowl of Scotch broth accompanied by wholemeal bread

Comment

Just back from walk with loony lady 1. No latte coffee & flapjack afterwards, I hate this lockdown.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I realised recently that if I want to know in advance what nonsense my mother is going to come up with on the phone, I need to look at the Daily Express website, as that's the paper she gets. (She gets it because she likes the crossword, but inevitably its peculiar view of the world infects her thinking.)

So I now know that when she phones tomorrow, she'll be telling me that "they say we're going to get five days of snow" and I'll have to point out that despite the headline about "Britain bracing itself", a few paragraphs further down they mention that the area expected to be affected by this snow is Central Scotland

Comment

Castors!

Ever since I moved here, my armchair has been missing its two front castors; I know they're tucked away in a box somewhere, but I have no idea where. So a few years ago I bought a new set, but I never got around to fitting them, and these are now also tucked away in a box somewhere, and again I have no idea where

So I bought yet another set off Amazon, which I just collected from the locker and fitted as soon as I got in, to avoid the otherwise inevitable outcome of them ending up tucked away in a box somewhere. They add about 70mm of height to the chair, and I can't believe the difference! It's so much more comfortable, and it seems to confirm my suspicion that the reason my back has been giving me so much grief this past week is that it simply couldn't take the slumping any more

Comment

Working...
                      X