• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunny here.

I seem to have very dry skin on the back of my hands. Maybe that alcohol hand gel stuff is taking its toll.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Sunny here.

I seem to have very dry skin on the back of my hands. Maybe that alcohol hand gel stuff is taking its toll.
      I'm allergic to some of them.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup, Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons multiseed, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Sun's out again.

The hammering has recommenced next door along with some planing or grinding or sanding or some such operation.

Was thinking of potching in the garden but the foot is complaining after its brief exercise this morning.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lovely warm sunshine streaming in the window Of course, outside it isn't all that warm at just 7 degrees.

Need to think about lunch. I believe there may some of yesterday's curry left over.

Comment

Afternoon all

Early meetings done.

Lunch has been consumed. Roast pork bagel with Branston pickle and a can of pop.

Coffee on the go.

Morning sunshine about to be replaced by some big black clouds.

Overnight wind (meteorological not biological) abated at ground level but still blowing at higher altitudes, judging by the light aircraft that just went past sideways on its approach to the local airfield.

Call from pimp. 2nd Interview with prospective client B put back a week while they sort themselves out with the new lockdown rules.

MyCo. Ltd. IT asset refresh now on hold pending the outcome.

Aformentioned clouds have arrived while typing this. Wind has picked up again and it's started raining.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Lunch has been a bacon butty on white sesame bloomer, made with the classic technique of frying the inside of the bread in the fat after cooking the bacon

Comment

And more laundry done, this time of musty shirts which will almost all be going to the Oxfam clothes recycling skip

Just a quick wash for these with the cheap detergent, as they were clean before they got left lying around going musty for five years, and I don't really care what they smell like as long as it's non-musty

Comment

Sun is back again, all least temporarily.

Clouds now moving past in a way that is best described as "scooting".

Comment

In a blast from the past I have found and and got working the MacOS source code for the current version of Nethack.

It's moved on a bit since I first played it as Hack on the University PDP-11 as a student.

Still just as difficult and frustrating.

Comment

I thought eek had pencilled in a return? I suspect he's lurking

Comment

Working...
                      X