• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch has been Salad Lyonnaise, with the croutons replaced by green beans in deference to the diet.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      A Monday link behind a paywall, whatever next?

Which one? The only one I thought might be was the FT one, so I checked it in a private browsing window and it seemed it wasn't, at least a couple of days ago when I found it.

I think some of the others might be x-per-month though, such as Wired? I try to avoid such things by checking in various ways

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Which one? The only one I thought might be was the FT one, so I checked it in a private browsing window and it seemed it wasn't, at least a couple of days ago when I found it.

I think some of the others might be x-per-month though, such as Wired? I try to avoid such things by checking in various ways
        The FT one. Even with private browsing on in Safari it still pops up asking for a subscription.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

It's come over all dark. Now it's a game of how long I can hold out before the rain starts or it gets too cold / damp out.

Oh and I have a meeting I need to factor in

Comment

Remains of last night's veggie/lentil dish for lunch today.

27 stops to go.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              The FT one. Even with private browsing on in Safari it still pops up asking for a subscription.
              Buggers. It was fine this morning

I've posted a bonus link to make up for it

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                My DPD parcel has arrived - shame the waterblock I want to add to it won't be available until Mid December.
                Amazon parcel arrived - well, it was thrown in the direction of the doorstep. Luckily it is in one piece and works.

DPD parcel wasn't actually taken by DPD. I contacted the vendor and they said DPD sent this piddly van so half the parcels including mine weren't picked up. They were supposed to be picked up yesterday but they didn't (fecking) turn up.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Oh and it's raining.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I noticed another person using the washing lines was out collecting their washing. This prompted me to bring mine in; a good job too as it had started to rain. Just a very fine drizzle but it was undoing all the good drying work that had taken place.

Comment

Mundane laundry on

Comment

Working...
                      X