• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess what... I'm expecting a Yodel delivery today.
    So I was told on Saturday.
    Currently their website says the parcels are at their depot, not out for delivery.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Currently their website says the parcels are at their depot, not out for delivery.
      Yodel use self employed people often in their personal cars - it's highly likely they won't collect your parcel until 2pm or even later.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm also awaiting a DPD delivery but apparently they haven't got the parcel yet....

The different Hermes couriers in my area seem more reliable once my neighbour dealt with one of them colluding with someone else on our long road trying to steal her parcel.....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            A big blow-out yesterday with fresh croissant with jam for breakfast, crusty cobs with assorted fillings for lunch and steak, peas, onions rings and a huge pile of homemade chips for dinner, accompanied by a selection from the beer collection.
            That's the way to do it!

Comment

The roofers have arrived to deliver bits of wood & such like.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Turned out to be a beautiful day thus far. I feel it was the right decision to put the washing out on the line rather than drape it over various radiators and the like. Just need to keep an eye out to make sure it doesn't rain. Assuming the day stays as is, I will aim to find that bringing in sweet spot where you get the most drying time but don't leave it so long that it starts to go damp again.

Comment

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast (crust: not as meaty a crust as on the small loaf but a crust nonetheless), bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt crust, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

A Monday link behind a paywall, whatever next?
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    Yodel use self employed people often in their personal cars - it's highly likely they won't collect your parcel until 2pm or even later.

Thanks, it's just been updated to "eek has left the depot and will be with you between 16:46 and 18:46", or as my wife has put it "Well, that won't happen"
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Thanks, it's just been updated to "eek has left the depot and will be with you between 16:46 and 18:46", or as my wife has put it "Well, that won't happen"
                      My DPD parcel has arrived - shame the waterblock I want to add to it won't be available until Mid December.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X