• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all.

Dull and grey out. I believe it is also raining. Currently 8 degrees with a forecast high of 10. High chance of rain off and on for most of the day.

Flights have been changed to return on the 15th. Now I need to change my parking booking to pay for the extra day.

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Additional ransom money has been paid to Heathrow Parking for the extra time my car will be gracing their carpark.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I shall add it to the list

First up here tonight was Open Water (2003), about a couple of tourists who go SCUBA (yes, it's an acronym) diving and get left in the ocean when their tour boat accidentally buggers off without them. A salutary warning to those who think of going to places and doing stuff; two things I have always avoided and, if this film is anything to go by, rightly so

Apparently it was based on a true story so I stuck with that theme and rewatched JFK (1991). However, this rather subverts the true story trope by being based around a conspiracy theory that is, like all conspiracy theories, a load of bollocks. OR IS IT??? Yes, it probably is. Still, it's an entertaining enough *checks watch* three-and-a-half-hours WTF are you kidding me?

And then S4E9 of The Sopranos, Whoever Did This (TV Episode 2002). Trigger warning for, well, Trigger (or a horse at any rate) being burned to death in a stable fire

Goodnight all

Back and to the left, Back and to the left!

one does wonder how it happened considering they knew he was coming.

What Are the Biggest Revelations in the Declassified JFK Assassination Files? - HISTORY

Many of the files originally set for release reportedly come from the CIA office in Mexico City, and may reveal whether U.S. operatives there knew of Oswald’s plan to kill Kennedy (which he reportedly talked openly about during his trip) and how much they may have withheld from CIA headquarters in Washington.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Additional ransom money has been paid to Heathrow Parking for the extra time my car will be gracing their carpark.

should have parked it on double yellow lines it would probably have been cheaper.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Afternoon.

Was sunny, then grey, then sunny, now grey.

High of 14 with no breeze.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Afternoon all.

CBS and quite mild in sleepy sarf herts.

black and recycling bins trundled, green bin retrieved.

Sunday.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey but dry, 12°C day here

But Monkey Life is back!

Comment

Grey again now after some pleasant sunshine earlier.

It's quite warm out there.

Sunday shopping trip to Tesco and Morrisons done, washed down, dusted, dried, and put away.

Lunch: Chicken breast with a rasher or two of bacon and a sausage, remarkably un-meh compared with some previous Sunday lunches recently, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

During the trip from Tesco to Morrisons, I was followed by one of these:

Ford F-Series (fourth generation) - Wikipedia

It was running like a bag of bolts coming off idle, cough, spluttering and miss firing on at least 2 cylinders.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 November 2020, 13:29.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I think there's now enough room in the freezer for the Scotch broth
                      All but one, as it turned out, so lunch has been Scotch broth and wholemeal bread

Comment

Working...
                      X