• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    There was one where the observers said that a pile of ballots arrived after the close. They were asked but he judge when did they arrive, both observers said they didn't know, but they saw them being moved to a counting desk.
    No evidence that they arrived late. Case thrown out.
    Plus the one of the elderly Trump voter who tuned up at a press conference claiming she had been stopped from voting. Turned out she had already submitted a postal ballot. Officials found it, check the signature, asked her to confirm it and whether she wanted to contest it. She declined to do so.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

so this is yet another septic election thread then?
      geez.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        geez.

We could discuss why the UK Covid results were delayed yesterday - what "technical" issue occurred, and who Dildo will blame for it.

Anyway, CBS here and the outside thermometer is at 13C. Might finish for the week soon, then go for a big dog walk.
        Not that The Dog (tw) is big, she's a bit overweight, I mean go for a long walk with her.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Getting back to more important matters: the general waste bins have been done

As one of them had mysteriously acquired some waste since last night, I put it out when I was dealing with the recycling bin earlier. It was the one I brought in last week when the one with our number on it that I'd put out mysteriously vanished. But it's a bit bigger than all the others and had to be moved out of the way to get the recycling bin past, so I didn't want it back again.

However, the one with our number is still disappeared, and initially it seemed like the only unnumbered one was missing a lid, which also isn't good enough to grace our back yard

However, further investigation revealed one in quite good nick and lacking a number about eight bins down the row. So I trundled that one in, and we're back to a full complement

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            geez.
            More a taking the piss out of the pussy grabbing orange gibbon thread.

Comment

anyone seen woohoo lately?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Biden takes the lead in Pennsylvania. If that holds up it's all over bar the Court Cases.
                US election 2020: Biden takes lead in Pennsylvania - BBC News

Comment

Right, now the bins have been sorted out, I'm going to combine shopping and waste disposal: a number of bags of clothes for the Oxfam recycling thing are coming with me to Sainsbury's car park

I could take quite a few but I don't know how full it is, and I don't want to have to cart them back again, so I'll be taking stuff down there in dribs and drabs. Some of it could possibly go to the Salvation Army place over the road in what used to be Sainsbury's Local, but they're quite fussy and only want stuff that's good enough to sell, whereas Oxfam take everything and recycle the unacceptable items - that being the category into which I can safely predict most or all of my old clothes will fall

Comment

Just had a scam HMRC call

My NI number has been suspended and I need to continue listening otherwise the Grand Federal Court will issue proceedings.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Right, now the bins have been sorted out, I'm going to combine shopping and waste disposal: a number of bags of clothes for the Oxfam recycling thing are coming with me to Sainsbury's car park

I could take quite a few but I don't know how full it is, and I don't want to have to cart them back again, so I'll be taking stuff down there in dribs and drabs. Some of it could possibly go to the Salvation Army place over the road in what used to be Sainsbury's Local, but they're quite fussy and only want stuff that's good enough to sell, whereas Oxfam take everything and recycle the unacceptable items - that being the category into which I can safely predict most or all of my old clothes will fall
                      ^^^This. No one in their senses would buy a car or old clothes off me.

I'm wearing stuff that's more ragged than some of the beggars wear.

In other important news, the recycling containers put out the day before yesterday by them next door are still decorating the pavement.

I'm about to fling them onto their lawn where they will reside until the next time I get around to mowing it, some time in April.

In other news one has been extracting Even More duplicate dvds from the stacks.

I wonder when I'll be able to get rid of them.

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Just had a scam HMRC call

My NI number has been suspended and I need to continue listening otherwise the Grand Federal Court will issue proceedings.
                      Do you 1471 them & save the numbers?

I've been doing it for years.

It's even more fun than finding duplicate dvds.

In other news, the cottons are out of the TD and airing over the banisters.

Next door are grinding the tulipe out of something on the party wall.

Feck me it's loud.

And irritating.

<oils the AK>
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 November 2020, 14:52.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X