• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese
    Very nice, as ever

Busyness: not really; some mumbled speculation about people not having any money at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Chips, sausage and beans for dinner.
      Excellent choice!

Comment

Just watched the latest Montalbano, featuring a rather splendid Giulia 1600 Spider (1963 maybe)

It’s on iPlayer if you’re interested.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TFBSZ.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Having watched the last Star Trek film last night, it was time to move on to pastures new. So tonight's first film was Star Trek (2009).

As this is a reboot of TOS, it seems obvious that it should have been called Star Trek: The Previous Generation. But they never think to come to me to ask about naming this stuff

Anyway, although I've watched it before (about three years ago) I'd forgotten that it's really very good IMHO

Down to Earth with a bump after that, and more than half a millennium ago to boot, with Elizabeth (1998), concerning said Queen of England (the first one) and her struggle to establish herself firmly on the throne. I thought this was really good, and it also has some wonderfully weird casting, such as footballer Eric Cantona turning in an excellent performance as the French ambassador, and a young Lily Allen as a lady in waiting. Well worth a watch, and I'm looking forward to watching the sequel about the later years of her reign

And finally a couple more episodes of The Sopranos: S3E7 Second Opinion (TV Episode 2001) and S3E8 He Is Risen (TV Episode 2001). I tell you, that Ralphie's not gonna last long the way he's going on

Goodnight all

Comment

"I can't get no sleep..." Maxi Jazz summed it up in the 90's.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all

Been awake for a few hours, might take The Dog (tw) out for a big walk.

Comment

Morning all

No currentl precipitation.

White sky.

Sunless.

Cold at 16.1 deg in here.

1026 mBar and 66% RH.

Damp.

Dank.

Dreary.

To add to the joy the thing that tulips outside the back door duly shat outside the back door last night.

Fortunately I didn't step in it on the way to feed the cat.

Woke at 06:25 and dozed away until 09:00.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning
                    CBSWFB in shiny sarf herts.
                    a bit King Billy though.
                    Sunday

Comment

The Dog (tw) has been walked.
                      Was doing some tidying up and came across 4 bottles of 2018 Sloe Gin, along with some others.
                      Might have to crack one of them open later.

Comment

Working...
                      X