• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HWMBO is allergic to ceps. Well, I guess it's more of an intolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      If you can find one in stock do it.
      Found one on ebay - brand new and £120 (with ebay's 20% off code that was doing the rounds) - or £270 for the exact same model at AO.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Not sure that's a clothes moth.

Morning all

Dry.

Grey white sky.

18.2 deg in here so slightly warmer.

Sunless.

1021 mBar.

Amol Rajan on the wireless which is busily polishing the fecking telex machine.

Monday.

Next door belongs to someone else as of tomorrow, so won't be seeing any of the present owner's offspring again once they've finished emptying the place today.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey here, 13°C heading for 17° later, and possible showers between now and lunchtime

Odd and unsettling but now unremembered dreams here too, leading to a broken night's sleep

Comment

I can live with the dreams, it's the inability to go back to sleep again that irks me.

In other news, it's much greyer and recently became unDry.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Not sure that's a clothes moth.
              Probably not, I don't know one species from another

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Probably not, I don't know one species from another
                The clothes moths are the little bastards.

I squash 'em all.

This is inneresting if you like news from 60 years ago of how wunnerful the UK electronics, computer, and rockets industry is going to be.

Read the first ever Electronics Weekly online: 7th September 1960

Comment

Links are up

Quite a good crop this week too, I reckon

Comment

Lunch in the torrential downpour (or drizzle depending on your point of view): poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust, very thick), bramble jelly sandwich on same, pippy red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I believe the NTSB stuff was made up for the film; they just carried out their standard enquiry and never suggested he'd done anything but an excellent job, but that wouldn't have made for a good movie
                    Indeed. This is mentioned in the Goofs on imdb.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 September 2020, 12:30.

Comment

Lunch is some Nepalese dhal left over from my order the other day, and a paratha

Comment

Working...
                      X