• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Need to decide on lunch now

Comment

I've walked up & down stairs several times to get the blood flowing again.

From the sounds of things next door, the emptying has finished.

The refilling begins tomorrow.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been the last of the HPLS (ham, yellow split pea and red lentil soup) with wholemeal bread

It's a good soup for a grey day, that; I'll make it again

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I've walked up & down stairs several times to get the blood flowing again.

From the sounds of things next door, the emptying has finished.

The refilling begins tomorrow.
          Any word on who (or what) will be arriving, or have they left it as a nice surprise for you?

Comment

I went out before lunch to do a quick prune of - ok hack - some bushes and it started spotting.

Anyway it didn't turn into proper rain.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It continues grey here, but there doesn't seem to be any rain as such. There might have been a light shower that I missed and the breeze, which is getting up a bit, has dried it off

The mundane laundry has been folded and put away, and now the exercise garb is getting a quick wash before it starts getting stomach-turningly smelly again

Comment

Visited Pegasus Bridge, Canadian War Cemetery and Arromanches (Mulberry Harbour). They died so that we may live.

Heading towards Nantes...
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Any word on who (or what) will be arriving, or have they left it as a nice surprise for you?
                  Oh, it's NAT.

I've got the shotgun and the .338 Lapua ready.

Bonfire duly vanitied.

Even managed to get rid of some of the pile o'tulipe that's ever growing.

The stuff out of the greenhouse is dry enough to burn too.

So I have.

It's still smoking away down there now.

Walk walked, and it didn't rain on me whilst I did it.

Tea: more of yesterday's roast beef, which, from the chunks I carved today, wasn't as overcooked as I'd thought.

The pears were stewed earlier, before the bonfire & walked walk, with custard.

0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea to round it all off like.

Entertainment: TBD. "Captain Phillips" is available if I take my life in my hands to extract it from the pile.

I think sommat else might make a change.

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  Visited Pegasus Bridge, Canadian War Cemetery and Arromanches (Mulberry Harbour). They died so that we may live.

Heading towards Nantes...
                  Gardens of Stone as someone once observed.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 September 2020, 17:15.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Entertainment: TBD. "Captain Phillips" is available if I take my life in my hands to extract it from the pile.
                    I enjoyed that one

Might watch it again sometime soon, in fact; though I don't have to put myself in mortal peril to do so, which makes the decision rather easier

Comment

Dinner has been more stovies,with a cheddar and parmesan topping.
                      oh, and more Rioja.
                      Ents? probably more of the village with the short life expectancy.

happy Monday

Comment

Working...
                      X