• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese

Comment

Sad news
      Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      <- manly.

Sorry to hear that.

It's the kindest thing really.

Still missing a cat who departed 10 years and 235 day ago.

Not that I'm counting, like.
      Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      WNF says.

pity we're not allowed to do the right thing for people though.
      And my condolences too.

I've only ever had one cat. Got her when I was in secondary school, so around 14 or 15 and she lived for 21 years. A pathetic runt of a cat if I ever saw one but she was my pathetic runt.

Comment

In the Chinese
        And very nice it was as always

Comment

Tea: bol with what turned out rather unexpectedly to be wholemeal pasta (at least it's better than the wheat free egg free everything free rice based tulipe that I bought by mistake the last time), stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The last hour of the director's commentary on "The road to perdition".

10 to 15 minutes of "Gosford Park" which was unbearable.

Finally chose "Dragnet (1987)" with Tom Hanks and Dan Aykroyd, which is very mildly amusing in its mildly amusing sort of way.

Hanks looks very very young.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

Ive decided the generic term for Project Managers is ' a Flap'
            dear, oh, dear.

Hey its NAT....

close a 'F**K UP'
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              Sad day today. Geoffrey Boycatt has played his last innings. He retired hurt a few weeks ago but wasn't going to make a comeback.

He had a tumour under his tongue and in his throat so wasn't able to eat or drink over the past 2 weeks, so we have done what was necessary this afternoon.

He walked into our home 15 years ago and never left...

Nick, make sure you don't order chicken or pork this evening [emoji2962]
              Condolences.

We lost our last cat to kidney failure 2 years ago. Still miss him now.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

A spirited drive back from the summer residence for me and The Dog (tw) in The Toy.
                While The Wife (tm) made her own way back.

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

First up for tonight's televisual Super Happy FunFest was Schindler's List (1993). OK, bad choice from the super happy fun perspective, but an exceptionally good film. I've seen it before when it was on the box some time late last millennium, but it turns out that was quite a long time ago now so I didn't really remember it well.

Given its success, I'm surprised the Hollywood Moguls didn't suggest a sequel

And after that, I stuck with the Liam Neeson theme by rewatching Taken (2008), even though it's probably not that long since I last watched it (umm… January, it seems), because why not?

The Moon is very close to Mars but just ahead of it tonight. I believe a Lunar transit will occur some time in the next 24 hours but round the planet a bit so we won't be able to see it from here; if so, the Moon will be a bit behind Mars tomorrow night.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

CBS.

Rosy fingered fecking dawn & all that.

Sun coming up like thunder etc.

Colder at 17.7 deg in here.

1018 mBar.

Sunday judging by the crap emitted by the assorted wireless apparatus.

Time to polish the telex machine.

Various joints seem quite painful recently, despite the application of unguents alleged to alleviate said discomfort.

Might be upping the dose of ibuprofen a bit. .

Another night of crazy dreams of working in various places.

Ho hum.

This one was all about video recorders and suchlike.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                      Blue skies and sunshine means that after a walk, once the dew has dried off the ground, today will be spent gardening.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X