• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp dropped to about 20C, which is really pleasant. Humidity still high.
    And The Dog (tw) has been trembling at my feet most of the afternoon due to
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Went dark. Some big fat rain drops fell for a short while but otherwise a very poor effort.
      Been raining for about an hour now

When I was a kid I always found it funny that rain clouds didn't cover the whole of London.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Need to do some housework but I'm too damn hot.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Loony lady 1 walk today. Bit disappointing as all very overgrown round the local lake so not much of a view. Still, coffee and cake at the vineyard cafe was nice.

Loony lady no 2 has an operation booked and she has to self isolate for 2 weeks. She'll go even barmier than usual.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

My arse has gone to sleep
            Oh, that noise was only snoring then.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Need to do some housework but I'm too damn hot.
              That's one of many excuses I have for avoiding housework!

Comment

As the rain has been stopped for a while and it's still only 21°C, I've decided to do the shopping as there's no guarantee conditions will be so conducive to exertion tomorrow

Comment

Shopping done, in great abundance, so the fridge and freezer are now both pretty much full, and I'm sweating like a pig from the exertion of carrying it all in from the car (two trips) and putting it all away

I went to M&S, where I can report that the chunky haddock is back in stock

And then, in Sainsbury's, I encountered the first problem I've ever had with wearing a mask: it seemed to dry my throat out somewhat, or maybe some small fibres came off it, causing an extremely tickly throat and a desperate need to cough. I had to hastily scoot around a corner and find an aisle that was otherwise empty to do it in, for fear of causing a stampede for the exits

Comment

And speaking of exertion, if I manage to continue losing weight at the rate I have been, then in a month or so I'll have to buy a new belt as the current one will be too loose

Though now I think about it, I don't remember throwing out my old ones so I should still have them somewhere.

Comment

B*ll*cks!

Just checked one of my articles and realised I'd deleted the text in one by mistake. Right pain having to write it all again.

26c outside and still a balmy 29c indoors.

Kinda/Sorta raining but not putting much effort into it.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X