• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Grey.

Drizzly.

Dark.

Dank.

Dire.

Depressing.

Sunless.

1009mBar.

Thursday.

I didn't give the recycling technicians any offerings this morning.

The night's sleep was considerably better than the previous night's sleep.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Not raining at the minute.
      Run a few numbers on the SDLT, it knocks over £15k off the cost of moving. Just need to get this place on the market and sell it.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Despite the forecast we just had continuous light drizzle for an hour or so

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Lunch: Heinz oxtail soup, with the usual bread

And the mundane laundry is almost done

Comment

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup, ham and mustard on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt, red corner yog, bramble jelly sandwich, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 89%, running average 83% (83.29%).
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Lunch: Heinz oxtail soup, with the usual bread

And the mundane laundry is almost done
              Done, and draped

I went to record lunch in MyFitnessPal and noticed that it claimed Heinz oxtail soup has fewer calories than either tomato or chicken. This didn't seem right; it feels intuitively as if it should have at least the same as chicken, and more than tomato, so I assumed some idiot had put duff data in there, as sometimes happens with these crowdsourced things.

But I went out the kitchen and checked the labels, and it turns out it's right: 188 calories for a 400g tin of oxtail, and about 210 and 220 respectively for tomato and chicken

You learn something new every day

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Done, and draped

I went to record lunch in MyFitnessPal and noticed that it claimed Heinz oxtail soup has fewer calories than either tomato or chicken. This didn't seem right; it feels intuitively as if it should have at least the same as chicken, and more than tomato, so I assumed some idiot had put duff data in there, as sometimes happens with these crowdsourced things.

But I went out the kitchen and checked the labels, and it turns out it's right: 188 calories for a 400g tin of oxtail, and about 210 and 220 respectively for tomato and chicken

You learn something new every day
                The tomato has more sugar, cream and oil, and the chicken has lots more cream plus oil and sugar, which makes the difference.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  The tomato has more sugar, cream and oil, and the chicken has lots more cream plus oil and sugar, which makes the difference.
                  Makes sense

On that topic, I've decided the time is right to have a bag of cheese & onion crisps

Comment

You learn something new every day...

I had a system-generated spreadsheet where the name of the file included a timestamp, e.g.

"WTFH - Ban Hammer Preparation Report_120191163022500.xlsx"

with the output on Sheet1, put in this formula in any cell:
                    =MID(CELL("filename"), LEN(CELL("filename"))-20,4)
                    Hey presto, you get the time stamp out of the file name. (1630)
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      All the things that make them taste nice

Comment

Working...
                      X