• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

followed by Jam & low fat yoghurt.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

washed down with a mug of white coffee.

Comment

now checking an export that is going to save a few quid over the year.

Comment

its a bit tedious I have to check each record

Comment

then each doc

Comment

and each pattern

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                and each pali
                That's not a pali? But a nice number all the same so you still get one of these

Comment

There was a brief smattering of rain. Nothing substantial.

Comment

Lunch, a while back now, was the last of the cold southern "fried" chicken bits plus a bag of plain crisps

After which I accidentally went down the rabbit hole of the history of debugging tools on Unix in the 1970s, as I was annoyed by somebody quoting Kernighan's "The most effective debugging tool is still careful thought, coupled with judiciously placed print statements" without mentioning that it's from 1979, which is a bit like quoting someone talking about the limitations of the Blériot monoplane as if you're making some valid point about the Tornado GR4

Resultant thread on ThreadReader, to save you having to visit Twitter: Thread by @NickFitz: Some people quote Kernighan’s “The most effective debugging tool is still careful thought, coupled with judiciously placed print statements”… ("willingly" about halfway down should be "will only" - autocorrect, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      That's not a pali? But a nice number all the same so you still get one of these

Ta I realised after posting it, this stuff is seriously boring!

Comment

Working...
                      X