• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Bluish white sky.

Sunday judging by the wireless.

Odd dream, moderately homicidal.

I wonder what that was about.

Beef it will be aroasting, having found a lump in the freezer, and, miracle of miracles, managed to remember to take it out of said freezer yesterday so it defrosted.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

CBS in sunny sarf herts.
      Sunday
      had a very disturbed night for some odd reason

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Currently watching Man-eating Zombie Cats on Dmax.

It's about big cats infected with canine distemper, which, according to this, removes their fear of man.

Messy.
        Dog Disease Infecting Tigers, Making Them Fearless

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          First film of the night was the sequel to Terminator 2: Judgment Day which is not, as one might have assumed, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines but Terminator: Dark Fate (2019). This is either because of an entity sent back from the future changing the timeline of the Terminator films, or because of the more mundane circumstance of the rights to the Terminator franchise having reverted to James Cameron thirty years on from T2. Anyway, I thought it was really good, much better than some of the ones now retconned into oblivion (although some of those were good enough in their own right)
          Other than the Christian Bale epic which was definitely the poorest of the lot.

T5 was surprisingly good and much more fun.

Terminator Stay-At-Home PSA Has Michael Biehn Returning as Kyle Reese
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 April 2020, 08:49.

Comment

Morning.

Blue sky again. 14 degrees. 19 expected. Chilly breeze.

First coffee done.

Comment

Beef it will be aroasting, having found a lump in the freezer, and, miracle of miracles, managed to remember to take it out of said freezer yesterday so it defrosted.
              WDSS.

And this week there's a rice pud to go with it.

Must admit I'm feeling a trifle odd this morning.

Dunno if I'm Coming Down With Something or Not.

Considering how isolated I've been it could only be shopping that would have done it, and the hand cleansing with surgical spirit* after each visit to Tesco or Morrisons has been rigidly applied.

Meths is probably equally effective.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, and already 18°C

Comment

SpO2: 96% HR: 54.

Comment

SpO2: 96% HR: 54.

That's a very good resting heart rate.

Were you a sniper in your younger days?

Comment

I have stewed off some apples in a lemon sugar syrup ready for freezing. I did the same with some rhubarb the other day, although that was with ginger.

Will use those at a later date for a pie or crumble. I need some individual sized pie or flan tins I think. Easier to make and freeze in smaller portions.

A friend gave me a recipe for treacle tart (it came from Lyle's restaurant originally, a place I do hope survives this). She made it this weekend and pronounced it a success so that's also on the to-do list.

Comment

Working...
                      X