• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
    Pali
    Nice pali:

Comment

Lunch: baked beans on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast (crust), bramble jelly sandwich, corner yogurt thing, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: eventually 85% over 55 plays : running average 83%.

It was down to 40% at one stage & I gave up on one game as the level of irritation was getting excessive.

Just popped up the pos office to get the TV Times & stretch my legs which needed it after the Freecell debacle.

Only 4 allowed in the shop at a time, so if I & the chap before me both went in as someone else came out, how come there were 6 people in there then?
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Nice pali:
        That should have been a ! not a :

I blame autocorrect

Comment

Tea: M&S unchunky cod fillet, stewed apply & gooseberry with custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Civilisation E4, Simon Shama History of Britain dvd 1 (continued), part of dvd 3 of Wonderfalls.

Comment

Trying to decide what to have for tea. I have too many options

Comment

Cooked up some rhubarb and stuck it in a jar for doing something with later.

Now watching Red Dwarf: The Promised Land

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Now watching Red Dwarf: The Promised Land
                enjoy!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

455, 635; 463, 678; 475, 707. Not going up by too much each day, I suppose
                  496, 731

Comment

496, 731

There’s a debate going on (between people who maybe know a bit about what they’re talking about) how we may have “flattened the curve”, but rather than it gently going down, it may have stalled and plateaued. Might see a reduced rate of new cases, but daily death rate isn’t going to trend downwards for a while.
                    Certain data doesn’t fit what “should” be happening, and other stories being presented definitely don’t fit reality.

Stay home, stay healthy, PLEASE!
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Entertainment: Civilisation E4, Simon Shama History of Britain dvd 1 (continued), part of dvd 3 of Wonderfalls.
                      Revised: Simon Shama History of Britain E2 "Conquest",

Wonderfalls E9 "Safety Canary",

thing on BBC4 about some African volcano which seems totally fecking insane,

and at 22:00 Neil Oliver's thing about Orkney.

The rock on the inside of the volcano is sharp enough to cut the climbing ropes.

As I said, insane is putting it mildly.

It's near Goma.

Oh, they're suffocating goats with CO2 now.

Mount Nyiragongo - Wikipedia

Now I've seen it all: chap trying to stop a lava flow with a CO2 fire extinguisher.

Stone me this is getting madder & madder.

They're pratting about on a lava terrace down in the crater.

Feck me.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 April 2020, 20:45.

Comment

Working...
                      X