• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It looks like a really nice afternoon out there but, once again, it’s only about 14°C and there’s a bit of a breeze. As a result, now the sun has moved round and is no longer shining on the front of the property, I’ve had to close the windows
    It is quite deceptive out. Looks enticing but you need to be wrapped up or out of the wind.

Comment

Three million quid seems a tad pricey to me, but it depends on the quality of the ham I suppose
      Every little helps.

They've taped out a route round our local Tesco Express and there's still bellends over taking you.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Every little helps.

They've taped out a route round our local Tesco Express and there's still bellends over taking you.
        Well, some people will spend a lot of time looking at two varieties of the same thing. I for one am not going to wait 20 minutes for someone to read and compare the labels on the back of a couple of pots of yoghurt. I will walk past them to get to what I need and move on, quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Well, some people will spend a lot of time looking at two varieties of the same thing. I for one am not going to wait 20 minutes for someone to read and compare the labels on the back of a couple of pots of yoghurt. I will walk past them to get to what I need and move on, quickly.
          With all that stubble, I didn't have it down as you.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Every little helps.

There's a one way system in our Tesco.

I seem to be one of the few (or is it less?) who actually bother to follow it.

Gosh. The wireless just asked the formula for the volume of a sphere.

And I got it right.

<preen>

I wonder how many years it is since I last needed to know that.

Tea: some of yesterday's lamb & unspecified "meat" with carrots & onions, custard with stewed apple and stewed gooseberries for sweet, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I wonder if I'll manage to stay awake for E3 of Civilisation this evening.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 April 2020, 17:35.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

416, 564; 427, 581; and today, 442, 609
              455, 635; 463, 678; 475, 707. Not going up by too much each day, I suppose

Comment

Happy birthday to LM Jr. Absolutely made up with his signed copy of Flea's autobiography.
                Happy birthday to LM junior. Shares(d?) a birthday with Hitler - there's a fact. It's my little one's 10th tomorrow, which is why I know that

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I still haven't had a letter from Boris. Does that make me exempt from all the rulez?
                Me neither. Which is fine, because whatever he was going to say was in the papers but i've forgotten it now so it'll be a nice reminder.

There was a spare sausage left over from last night’s fry-up, so lunch has been that, cold, in a white bap; no sauce
                Careless. I didn't have you down as the type.

It looks like a really nice afternoon out there but, once again, it’s only about 14°C and there’s a bit of a breeze. As a result, now the sun has moved round and is no longer shining on the front of the property, I’ve had to close the windows
                I'd suggest that's more than a breeze.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Careless. I didn't have you down as the type.
                  Disparity between the number of rashers of bacon available and the number of sausages. I could have left one of the latter in the freezer, but decided to cook it anyway so I could have it cold today

Comment

I’d just like to point out that this is page 32768 (if you use the default ten posts per page) which is 215

Comment

Bit of a project/experiment for tea tonight: homemade steak & ale pie, with chips, peas, and gravy; and very nice it turned out

The ale in question was Spitfire, and the steak was shin of beef. I cooked the beef in the InstantPot™, along with beef stock, ale, herbs and such, so it was good and tender, then put the meat aside and thickened and reduced the resultant gravy. Then I prepared two pies, one for immediate consumption, and the other now in the freezer, unbaked. Baked the first for about thirty minutes, gas mark 6, middle of the oven. Sorted

Baking the other one from frozen will probably take about forty minutes at a guess, but I’ll just have to see when I get around to having it

Comment

Working...
                      X