• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’re having a family Zoom call at four

Annoying that it clashes with Monkey Life
    Judging from your avatar, must be much the same thing.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Totally agree, same few people always posting lefty slanted news on General, as if we haven't had it in our faces every time we turn on the TV or check online news.

Actually it's not a few people, it's mostly aTwat with scattyscot as runner up.
      don't forget the other half of the lord hawhaw twins, and a twat named after a tennis player.
      (he's gone a bit quiet, though, wonder why?)

Comment

The Leg is still complaining.

And The Other Leg has joined in to give the bugger some company.

Entertainment E10 of TAOM being about Ye Elements.

Not sure I'd have liked standing quite that close to a nuclear reactor.

High Flux Isotope Reactor - Wikipedia

All that pretty blue Cerenkov radiation.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 April 2020, 17:14.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Clear blue skies, pleasantly warm, a few pints of Whakahari consumed.
          3 cars washed this morning while it was overcast.
          I went out and wondered who washed my car!

Whose were the other two?

Comment

Just went to the park with baby bp.

Came back and Cluture Club was on TV! Best of all, it was part of the A-Team!

"The A-Team" Cowboy George (TV Episode 1986) - IMDb in case you don't believe me. I can hardly believe it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Just went to the park with baby bp.

Came back and Cluture Club was on TV! Best of all, it was part of the A-Team!

"The A-Team" Cowboy George (TV Episode 1986) - IMDb in case you don't believe me. I can hardly believe it myself.

Do you really want a plan to come together ?

oh the 80s/90s you knew it was a quality program when some pop star etc appeared.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Turns out that the Frank Sinatra song "Without a Song" has inappropriate lyrics in it:

Without a Song - Wikipedia

I must have missed that bit.

Comment

Dead man left me 2 sets of ladders. One's an aluminium set that are serviceable and have been used to clean the windows etc, the others are an ancient wooden affair and have been left in situ for the last few years. I decided to chop em up and burn them to make room. Separately, I was going buy a bike rack to fix to the wall to further tidy things, but then in a fit of genius i've screwed a short section of chopped up ladders to the garage rafters and used a ratchet strap to hoist one of the kids bikes into a vertical position. Very happy with this. I've ordered another 4 ratchet straps for £7 off of Amazon which will deal with all but the best bike. Savings you ask? ~£42, AND the adjustable nature of the ratchet strap means adult and child bikes can all be accommodated at an appropriate height, making it a better solution.

I believe it's called upcycling

Comment

Entertainment (continued): E11 of TAOM, the ep where he ends up standing in a pond.

On a lighter note: "John Wick 3".

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Entertainment (continued): E11 of TAOM, the ep where he ends up standing in a pond.
                      I remember that from the 1970s

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      On a lighter note: "John Wick 3".
                      I enjoy all of those

Comment

Working...
                      X