• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HWMBO made a tagine with the guinea fowl, served with bulgar wheat.

We've been watching the new series of MasterChef, found it highly entertaining that the first episodes featured a stereotypical recruitment consultant (floppy hair, looked like he was 12) and IT consultant (balding, awful shirt, smarmy looking).

Comment

Brillo can cook?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Entertainment: more of the interminable "Bright Shining Lie, now on page 656, about 56% of "Cocoon (1985)" which is funny in places, to be followed by something else that I haven't decided on yet.
        Something else turned out to be T: Genisys which has proved amusing enough in an unexpected sort of way.

Currently attempting not to shoot holes in the tv whilst watching the prog on BBC2 about The Ugly Mother****er in chief.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

When I roasted the shoulder of lamb the other night, I made too many roast spuds. So they, and some more of the lamb, have been reheated with added trimmings, gravy, and so on for tonight’s tea - another roast dinner. Very nice too

I’m thinking of setting the slow cooker to work on the Scotch broth - let the bones and veg cook overnight, then bring it to fruition in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Something else turned out to be T: Genisys which has proved amusing enough in an unexpected sort of way.
            I thought it was better than it might have been

Comment

HWMBO has been shouting at the TV all evening.

I think he needs to go on MasterChef himself. Evidently he'll win it hands down if he does, judging by his comments this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                tv's Krap <again>
                The Repair Shop was on BBC1
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I thought it was better than it might have been
                  Much much better than T4, probly because Arnie is in it.

Currently on pause while I type this nonsense.

I may be prepared to spend as much as £7 on Dark Fate.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    The Repair Shop was on BBC1
                    Repeat? Or new series

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I’m thinking of setting the slow cooker to work on the Scotch broth - let the bones and veg cook overnight, then bring it to fruition in the morning.
                      In fact, the longer the better, so this is now happening

And the pea/barley/lentil/other stuff mix is soaking overnight, ready for the morning

Comment

Working...
                      X