• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey, rainy sort of day out there

Only about 8°C too

Having forgotten to set any alarms, I awoke around 7:15 due to a weird dream - nothing unpleasant, just perplexing - and went back to sleep straight away, waking again naturally at 10:15; so I assume that was the amount of sleep my system needed

Temperature back pretty much to normal for now; 37.2°C. That, of course, assumes I’m using the in-ear thermometer correctly, which I must check. Anyway, let’s see if it starts going up later in the afternoon again or if I’m past that

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      Parish Notes - Spoke to mother yesterday morning, wasn't happy with how she sounded so I phoned an ambulance - turns out that this was a good thing because after tests she's now safely in hospital. Now for the bad news, turns out that what I thought may have been a stroke has been diagnosed as "cold sepsis" which can cause mental confusion, slurred speech etc... Be aware of this if you're talking with elderly relatives and their speech is slurred etc.

Got a call yesterday evening from the Doctor explaining that due to Mum's underlying conditions, old age, COPD etc. that they're not going to put her in the ICU but they would make her comfortable.

When mum was in hospital over XMas and New Year, she signed a DNR - the Doc explained that the prognosis wasn't good given age, frail condition etc. Was I aware what the DNR meant? I told her that I understood what she was trying to tell me and that I'd let the rest of the family know mums wishes and that I agree fully with the Drs course of action, no ICU etc.

So, off to sunny old Bangor and Anglesey today to see mum and sort stuff out.

Getting "old" isn't the way to die, it's tulip.
      <- manly

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I was going to give up my meds over the summer - but I am not well enough. Just run out of supply I got 2 years ago. So I had to get appointment for new prescription. You can no longer queue outside the surgery - you have to call. And then a doctor calls you back.

NHS close to breaking.
        My GP next door only switched to disallowing reception visits on Monday, so you might have been able to drop in last week. And telephone consultations are quite common for things where the GP doesn’t actually need to bang your knee with a little hammer. I think that rather than evidence of breakage, it shows they’re taking sensible precautions to prevent breakage by protecting their staff from being infected.

I still see patients heading in and out of there for in-person visits, so they aren’t avoiding all human contact.

But who knows what the situation will be this time next week?

Comment

Dog is back from the vets, much bouncier and waggier than she was before. Being treated as an outpatient now. Antibiotics, prescription food and supplements.

Light exercise only as she is not on her regular medication for the time being, she normally has daily pain killers due to ongoing issues with her knee joints.

Thank <insert deity of your choice here> for insurance.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Dog is back from the vets, much bouncier and waggier than she was before. Being treated as an outpatient now. Antibiotics, prescription food and supplements.

Light exercise only as she is not on her regular medication for the time being, she normally has daily pain killers due to ongoing issues with her knee joints.

Thank Saint Roch - Wikipedia for insurance.
            FTFY
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Mrs Eek is working from home today - it's painful my routine is shot as she is in the dining room so I can't just go to the kitchen for a cup of tea without disturbing her.

and in fact
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Thank <insert deity of your choice here> for insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Mrs Eek is working from home today - it's painful my routine is shot as she is in the dining room so I can't just go to the kitchen for a cup of tea without disturbing her.

and in fact
                  Then send your butler...

Comment

and in fact
                    It's worse than that - as of now there is a wfh policy in operation..
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

and in fact
                      Get her to make it then!
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X