• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Bleedin' 'eck. All my social and volunteer things have been shut down, so it won't be long before I become my online persona, a vodka-drinking miserable old git sitting staring at the wall and thinking about big bums.
    Where's the downside?
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Open Chrome Tabs

Tab 1 - tpd
      Tab 2 - Twitter
      Tab 3 - FB
      Tab 4 - Jobserve
      Tab 5 - Sage
      Tab 6 - BBC (COVID19 rolling news)
      Tab 7 - YouTube
      Tab 8 - Johns Hopkins COVID19 Worldwide figures)

BTW - completed my weekly MacBook backup
      Married

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Where's the downside?
        WDSS

Comment

luncheon has been cumberland sausages.
          inna roll
          with french's yellow mustard <for a change>
          and 80Cl of earl grey tea.

might need a nap, now

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Let's shut HWMBO and MrsBP in a room with a case of wine and rolling cookery programmes and pop to the pub for a quiet few hours
            You really hate HWMBO don't you?

If I ever found MrsBP cheating with someone, I would do my worst to them. Make them marry her.

On a more serious note, MrsBP has not had a drink for 4 weeks now. She is losing loads of weight and starting to exercise. She is loving it.

If we go down the pub, it won't be quiet. There will be a huge argument to decide who has the worst story on sack washing disaster...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Bleedin' 'eck. All my social and volunteer things have been shut down, so it won't be long before I become my online persona, a vodka-drinking miserable old git sitting staring at the wall and thinking about big bums.
              MF has a big bum. And is a big bum. So presumably he is top of the list?

Comment

MrsBP off to lunch with her sister. Tomorrow her sister has to make 60 people redundant. She is devastated.

But at least her managr job(and flat) is safe.

It also means a swimming pool we can use any time...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Morning denizens

Another grey, showery, cool (6°C) start

First order of the day has been dealing with the Scotch broth. Having been in the slow cooker with the veg for around ten or eleven hours, the connective tissue in the shoulder had completely deliquesced, leaving the bones disarticulated and therefore very easy to fish out. So with the bones removed, the vegetables were extracted and blended, and the remaining meat previously reserved was finely diced and chucked in the pot. Then the mix of dried peas, lentils, barley and such that had been soaking overnight was drained and added, and so the lid is back on and the soup is entering its final three or four hours (preferably the latter - the slower the better…) of coming to fruition
                  HWMBO heartily approves of your process and also suggests lamb neck or lamb ribs as an alternative to shoulder. Ribs being pricier but apparently the fat on them is good for extra unctuousness (? spel?)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    You really hate HWMBO don't you?

If I ever found MrsBP cheating with someone, I would do my worst to them. Make them marry her.

On a more serious note, MrsBP has not had a drink for 4 weeks now. She is losing loads of weight and starting to exercise. She is loving it.

If we go down the pub, it won't be quiet. There will be a huge argument to decide who has the worst story on sack washing disaster...
                    Sack washing?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      MrsBP off to lunch with her sister. Tomorrow her sister has to make 60 people redundant. She is devastated.

But at least her managr job(and flat) is safe.

It also means a swimming pool we can use any time...
                      That's depressing. I'm really worrying about the number of people losing their jobs due to lock downs. I know things need to be contained but I also don't think the right level of help is going to be there for those that will need it.

Comment

Working...
                      X