• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      This evening's kinema entertainment is "Jack's Return Home" with that Michael Caine Geezer, and shedloads of people off Z Cars & the like.

Jack's Return Home (1971) - IMDb

The other two easily reached copies turned out to be the Septic remake with Stallone
      Which last I'm watching now.

Get Carter (2000) - IMDb

Unsurprisingly meh.

In a very meh sort of way.

But there you go.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 January 2019, 23:25.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        In the Chinese
        And very nice it was

Comment

After last night's miserable nonsense that was Siberia, tonight's film was more to my liking: Accident Man (2018), concerning a kind of guild of hit men (and one hit woman) though, being Londoners, they prefer the British term "assassin". Matters get personal for one of them, leading to internecine strife and general mayhem. In its premise and various aspects of its plot it's pretty ridiculous, but that doesn't really matter because it's great fun, not taking itself too seriously and packed with action including loads of mixed martial art fights and a fair amount of explosions and gunplay. Definitely worth a watch if you're in the mood for that kind of thing

And a tad more of The West Wing, because I really need to finish that so I can get my life back

Early night now, as I'm heading south again tomorrow both to see my Dad, who's still stuck in hospital as we go to press, and for a family lunch to bid bon voyage to my eldest niece, who's off to the Antipodes in a few days to join her younger sister, who's been bumming around Thailand and suchlike places for a few months and is now on her way to, or maybe recently arrived in, Australia.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            After last night's miserable nonsense that was Siberia, tonight's film was more to my liking: Accident Man (2018),
            Base on an excellent but short lived comic strip of the same name from 1991, that appeared in a weekly comic called TOXIC! created by Pat Mills of 2000AD fame.
            Last edited by DaveB; 20 January 2019, 08:39.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning.

Grey. That grey that's so grey it makes gray look less grey.

Colder. 14 deg in the living room with 7.8 (current & min) in the laundry room.

Sunless.

Dire.

Dank

Dark.

Dreary.

Depressing.

The only thing to look forward to is the CHCFC telling us about VR tomorrow morning.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, but with occasional brief glimpses of sunshine, and none too warm at 3°C out there today

Off south shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  Base on an excellent but short lived comic strip of the same name from 1991, that appeared in a weekly comic called TOXIC! created by Pat Mills of 2000AD fame.
                  Ah, that explains the comic-style drawings of the cast members in the initial bit of the end credits

Comment

Morning all
                    Clear skies and sunshine here. Nice dog walk earlier, big one promised for later.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well there we go.

House vacced.

Lentil <pffffft> soup simmering on the hob.

Which I've managed to stick to the bottom of the fecking saucepan.

Sunday lunch was a cook in the bag leg of NZ lamb from Morrisons(reduced).

I dunno what it was about it, maybe the length of time it spent in the freezer, or the cook in the bag part of it, but it didn't smell overly wonderful when opened.

I suppose it'll have to do for this week though.:

Might be the rosemary or whatever on the skin.

I wonder if The Cat will like it.

<hiatus during which the usual bin bags were filled & taken down the dump>

No posts since 12:56?

Oh, how the might of TPD is fallen.

Look about the ruins and weep, oh ye mighty.

The sands stretch to infinity & beyond, undisturbed.

What it needs is that meridian cove to come in here & call me a racist.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 January 2019, 17:34.

Comment

Working...
                      X