• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey and 3°C again

The snow never materialised, though it rained a bit. Dry now, though.

On the bright side, I was awoken by a phone call telling me that my repaired hearing aid is available for collection

So, unusually for me, I shall be going into town on a Saturday. Actually, going into town is fairly unusual for me in its own right these days, but on a Saturday is doubly so

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Now for me there isn't a duff track in the entire film
      Yeah, I'm just weird that way

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Yeah, I'm just weird that way

On the bright side, I was awoken by a phone call telling me that my repaired hearing aid is available for collection
        I was awoken, ultimately, by the hammering next door.

Though it must be said that it was more of a "can't be arsed to get up" sort of doze than real sleep after about 06:30ish.

<hiatus>

There's some sign of blue skies out there now.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 January 2019, 13:15.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

For the sake of doing something vaguely constructive, I've spent 45 minutes linseed oiling the spade, fork, and hoe handles.

That's the Dutch hoe handles and the English hoe handles.

Just to keep it clear, like.

No Racism re the hoe handles in the Strangelove abode.

The laundry room where some of said hoes reside, is now reeking of drying linseed oil.

The D handles of the now very late Grandfather Strangelove really needed a touch of oil.

Judging by the woodworm in some of them, they could do with a touch of woodworm killer too.

The ragged pair of underpants (clean) used to apply said linseed oil has been carefully dispatched to the incinerator when the jobs was finished due to the remarkable self incinerating tendency of linseed oil soaked rags.

Comment

So, unusually for me, I shall be going into town on a Saturday. Actually, going into town is fairly unusual for me in its own right these days, but on a Saturday is doubly so
              And so it came to pass.

My right ankle started playing up, becoming quite painful, before I'd got too far; either or both ankles do this from time to time. So I turned off onto the canal/river towpath and sat on a bench for a bit, as sometimes it'll be all right again after a few minutes of rest. Large numbers of assorted waterfowl came drifting in my general direction when I sat down, but drifted away again once it became apparent that I hadn't brought food.

On the move again, but I apparently hadn't rested it enough and now my knee was getting upset, probably because of the slight limp due to the ankle, so I took refuge on another bench outside Richard III's new crib (and just over the road from his car park). Quite pleasant there - they did the area up a bit for his arrival. But it was always quite a pleasant place for a sit down; I sometimes used to eat my lunch on a bench there about thirty years ago

And after a few minutes when both legs seemed rested, onwards to Specsavers, where the re-shelled hearing aid was collected

Then on to M&S where I got a new, fairly thick green jumper and some thick wooly socks. And down through the market, where I got a couple of pork chops from one of the butchers in the indoor bit.

(It was on the journey to M&S that I was reminded of why I dislike town on a Saturday so much: some people in front of me by the Clock Tower were going so slowly, my Apple Watch tapped me and asked if I'd finished walking, even though I was still moving at the time.)

And so home, ignoring the recurring complaints of my ankle, which was determined not to let up on its whinging

Next up: some cold chicken bits for lunch

Comment

Next up: some cold chicken bits for lunch
                Lunch?

Stone me, I'm wondering what to have for tea/dinner.

When's BR14 back?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Lunch?

Stone me, I'm wondering what to have for tea/dinner.
                  I won't have dinner until about nine in the evening, but yes, it was a bit of a late lunch

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  When's BR14 back?
                  February:

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  BR14.

For trolling Eikur, despite warnings not to.

One month ban.

Comment

I won't have dinner until about nine in the evening, but yes, it was a bit of a late lunch

February:

Free the BR14 one!

Well that's the commentary track on "Jack's Return Home" done & dusted.

It took me a while but I finally figured out that the 3 commenters were recorded separately and edited together.

This evening's first feature is "The Man Who Would Be King" with Sean Connery and Michael Caine.

The Man Who Would Be King (1975) - IMDb

Back in the Glory Days of Empire & all that.

No doubt meridian will find that racist.

<hiatus>

It's pretty good.

And an instructional video on how to extend the Empire as needs must.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 January 2019, 19:31.

Comment

Blasting out Unknown Pleasures for the first time in years while experimenting with bits of SQL to fix the non-ASCII characters problem from the forum upgrade

Some good live tracks tacked on the end of this modern download version too; She's Lost Control and Shadowplay stand out in particular

But enough of SQL; I'm off to the Chinese in a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X