• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ham toasties for lunch

Comment

Morrisons steak pie (reduced) plus Heinz Baked Beans(tm) for lunch.

Living the dream.

Caught the back of my hand on the latch on the microwave with the result that I was dripping blood over the counter whilst eating said lunch.

It's a tiny puncture but it bled very impressively.

I shall now die of septicaemia in a couple of days, so it's been nice knowing you all.

The parcel from CPC turned up this morning.

When I was out, as is only right and proper.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 August 2018, 13:34.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        All three items were posted back through our front door yesterday
        Just had a thought and checked these (which I still haven't got around to taking back to the pillar box) with a UV torch. Sure enough, they have that pattern of orange-ish dots that's printed on the envelope by the automatic sorting machines, so they probably never even got looked at by a human - just routed straight back here.

And the dots fluoresce, only slightly dimmed, through the labels I put on saying where they should be sent

I shall have to find that UV ink marker pen I got from the Neighbourhood Watch for marking property, and see if that can corrupt the dots enough to force the automatic sorting machines to reject them…

Comment

I shall have to find that UV ink marker pen I got from the Neighbourhood Watch for marking property, and see if that can corrupt the dots enough to force the automatic sorting machines to reject them…
          Ah, black Sharpie™ does the trick. Bit less scientific, but never mind

Comment

Knackered now.

Two builders' buckets full of rotten pears taken to the compost heap.

At least a dozen buckets full of windfall apples taken to the compost heap.

It's not so much the carrying, more the kneeling down & then nearly passing out when standing up again.

In other news, apparently UV is a cure for impetigo.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              It's a tiny puncture but it bled very impressively.

I shall now die of septicaemia in a couple of days, so it's been nice knowing you all.

The parcel from CPC turned up this morning.

When I was out, as is only right and proper.
              Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Knackered now.

Two builders' buckets full of rotten pears taken to the compost heap.

At least a dozen buckets full of windfall apples taken to the compost heap.

It's not so much the carrying, more the kneeling down & then nearly passing out when standing up again.

In other news, apparently UV is a cure for impetigo.
              i do envy your boundless optimism, old chap

Comment

Ah, black Sharpie™ does the trick. Bit less scientific, but never mind
                yep, don't over think it, old son

Comment

Knackered now, - three hours in a very nice studio today.
                  and a few sherberts wiv the chaps after.
                  fair day, really.
                  I'll be fecked Friday.
                  why didn't i play something easy? like flute<light, easy to carry>, or just do lead vocals<Shure SM58, even lighter, and can be thrust down your jeans to impress the ladies> ??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    Knackered now, - three hours in a very nice studio today.
                    and a few sherberts wiv the chaps after.
                    fair day, really.
                    I'll be fecked Friday.
                    why didn't i play something easy? like flute<light, easy to carry>, or just do lead vocals<Shure SM58, even lighter, and can be thrust down your jeans to impress the ladies> ??
                    In my schooldays, I did a term or two with the double bass. It took over our downstairs toilet.

My then music teacher told me to put it between my legs and pretend it was my boyfriend. These days I expect he'd be on a register.

I'll stick with my purple plastic trombone.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      In my schooldays, I did a term or two with the double bass. It took over our downstairs toilet.

My then music teacher told me to put it between my legs and pretend it was my boyfriend. These days I expect he'd be on a register.

I'll stick with my purple plastic trombone.

it was the 'purple' that finessed it

Comment

Working...
                      X