• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The late Mr Nimoy didn't have an easy last few years.

He had COPD, probably caused by his two pack a day cancer stick habit from the 50s to the 80s.

Ho hum.

Looks like the sky box is really on its last legs.

Think of all the money I'm about to save when I cancel.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

And while eating, a bit of Engineering Disasters about an oil train blowing up and a car museum plummeting into a sinkhole. Now there's a stadium roof about to collapse, but I might save that one for tomorrow

Comment

Tonight's film was going to be Force Majeure, which I'd started watching quite a while ago but abandoned for some reason. Turns out the reason was that it's mainly in Swedish with subtitles, but does that annoying thing of not having subtitles when the dialogue is in English, and it includes a number of scenes in English. So that's postponed again until my hearing has been electronically enhanced

So instead, I turned to season 2 of Fargo, which got off to a good start

Busy day tomorrow, by my current standards: hearing stuff in town in the morning, then the dentist again in the afternoon. So an early night for me

Goodnight all

Comment

The laundry room was down to 16.8 deg C again.

The living room was about 20 IIRC.

The upstairs windows remained firmly closed all night, just as well considering the deluge at about 3 a.m.

The duvet was pressed into service again to keep the Strangelove feet warm.

Vaguely drizzly in Neath, proper monsoon in Swansea with the approved rivers of water descending the hill in torrents, along with lumps of rock.

And the train was that epitome and zenith of British Railway Engineering, The Pacer, Class 143, a bus on rails without any bogies so the flanges scream every time it goes around a bend in the track.

Oddly, despite this, there were two carriages and it was on time.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          So instead, I turned to season 2 of Fargo, which got off to a good start
          There's some classic stuff in that season.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 July 2018, 08:39.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all blue skies and sunshine here in North Cornwall. No invoicing this week.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Warm ish n sunny in Manchesto.

I do like the school holidays for their lack of traffic.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, but it's not having too much of an adverse effect on the temperature yet

Off into town for more auditory shenanigans shortly

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  flanges scream
                  Snigger.

The Leeds-Harrogate train does that as it navigates the 90 degree turn onto the Crimple Viaduct.

The last time I did the journey it was on a proper train with bogeys and so I was denied that childish pleasure.

Comment

Home again

Sorted out the hearing aids, but it takes a couple of weeks for them to be made to fit the inside of my ear, of which casts have been made using a putty-like substance and a large syringe. And, annoyingly, the bloke decided he wanted to do the final fitting and adjustment (which involves fine tuning of the amplification across different frequencies) himself, butis going on holiday. So I won't get them until August 20th

Anyway, as I was in town, I popped into Marks & Sparks to get some cooked chicken legs for lunch

Off to the dentist this afternoon, at the right and proper time of 2:30®™

Comment

At the dentist

Comment

Working...
                      X