• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just realised I didn't include the rest of the recipe

This is for my 3.5 litre slow cooker.
    This seems to me to be the important bit if one is concerned about overflow.

Comment

Feeling uncharacteristically chilled and content with life this evening.

Having heard Leonard Cohen on the radio, youtubed him. We've now moved onto Velvet Underground 'Pale Blue Eyes'. Up next is Dire Straits 'Romeo and Juliet'. I could be here a while

Comment

I should add that I started the day with a swim in a lake. I am now convinced that open water swimming is the secret elixir of happiness. (At least when the sun is shining)

Comment

And probably equally relevant, I've had a couple of beers and a bottle of wine

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Nah, nothing to do with it if you ask me.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Nah, nothing to do with it if you ask me.
              obviously an extraordinary coincidence

Comment

Leftover Chinese food from last night for dinner: some crispy duck was left, and a moderate amount of beef chow mein which was quickly reheated in a hot frying pan with a dash of soy

Comment

Tonight's TV was moderately varied. To open: an episode of UFO in the new(ish) HD edition; specifically, Exposed, which introduced the character Paul Foster to the show.

After that, back from physical discs to the Apple TV for Inside Man (2006), which turned out to be a really rather good heist movie with a number of cunning twists. Definitely worth a watch.

And after that, a couple more episodes of Fargo in TV show form, S1, which is excellent though I'm still slightly confused by Tim from The Office talking in a Minnesota accent like an unambitious Bob Dylan

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    After that, back from physical discs to the Apple TV for Inside Man (2006), which turned out to be a really rather good heist movie with a number of cunning twists. Definitely worth a watch.
                    Yes, I rather enjoyed that.***

I didn't have the problem with the "Tim" thing since I never watched the office*.

Was pretty confusing seeing Watson though.

Last evening's epic was "Jack Reacher", Tom Cruise et al, 2010.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0790724/

I enjoyed it.***

Should have started watching it at 20:00 instead of 21:10, then I might have got a better night's sleep.

The Miele man cometh this afternoon, so I connected said defunct washing machine to the tap & turned the elektrick on just to make sure it's still fecked.

It is.

Possibly more so than several weeks ago.

*Largely because I can't stand that Gervais gimp. He appeared in an ep of some Septic series** and it ruined the ep for me.

**Alias

*** very little checking of the elapsed time which indicates strongly that it was interesting.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 May 2018, 07:53.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all a bit of light cloud cover, but mostly clear blue skies here and a very pleasant walk earlier.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X