• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all (I think)
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Tonight's exploration of the world of cinema commenced with Contact, in which Jodie Foster does an excellent job of increasing public awareness of SETI, and it's made very clear that Carl Sagan had an extremely low opinion of politicians, as do all right-thinking people

After that, I remembered that when I bought The Bank Job which I watched last week, the cheapest option was to get it in a two disk set with another film featuring Jason Statham: Chaos. This involved various kinds of mayhem, which I am given to understand is Mr. Statham's speciality, and managed to overcome the rather odd situation of a bloke with an East London accent working as a veteran detective of the Seattle police department by largely ignoring it, apart from one rather barbed comment about the appalling state of English grammar among the residents of our rebellious colony. Overall, very good if you like a bit of mayhem

Goodnight all
        I enjoyed "Chaos" too.

I thought it rather good in its way.

I've yet to locate a copy of the bank one at a reasonable (i.e. 50p) cost.

I purchased one of those odd 3 films on a dvd things the other day because it had "13" on it, but the reviews of "13" aren't exactly inspiring with the added advantage that Winstone & Statham, despite being on the cover art, basically do cameos & that's it.

I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Dunno if you've watched "The Expendables" but those are worth a look.

I think I have a copy of "Contact" somewhere in the pile of the Great Unwatched.

Having watched "Postcards from the Edge" last week, I'm tempted to watch "The Bridges of Madison County" for another Streepy weepy.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 13 August 2017, 07:49.

Comment

Just figured out that it's two months since I watched anything on the Sky box.

I've not watched anything other than the NZ stuff on Pick for a similar length of time.

And absoluckingfutely nothing produced by the BBC other than about 10 minutes of news the other day.

It makes me wonder what I'm paying all this money for.

This post is prompted by a post on FB about one of my ex colleagues who's cancelled his Sky & is missing it now the endless tedium of the soccer season has begun yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

And absoluckingfutely nothing produced by the BBC other than about 10 minutes of news the other day.

It makes me wonder what I'm paying all this money for.

This post is prompted by a post on FB about one of my ex colleagues who's cancelled his Sky & is missing it now the endless tedium of the soccer season has begun yet again.
            +1 from me.
            24x7 kick it and run - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start here

For some reason I felt impelled to do my VAT return before I'd so much taken a sip of my coffee. Still, at least it's out of the way now

Comment

Exercise done

Comment

I think I saw Zeity in General.

Right must do some cleaning...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    I think I saw Zeity in General.

Right must do some cleaning...
                    Yes.

Magickally reducing his post count once again.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X