• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    While driving down the A55 (Expressway) this morning, they had a cycle race on. Instead of keeping into the hard shoulder/cycle lane(about 5 feet wide), they were in the 1st lane!

No way would I do that, way too dangerous.

I thought of knocking one off to teach them a lesson. Then realized I was turning into a mod.

<shudders>
    They never keep to the hard shoulder because there is crap in it that would puncture bike tyres.

Normally they do the races so they are finished before 10am however they don't bother putting signs up saying there is one going on, on the dual carriageway so you know not to drive in lane one.

In other news my patched inner tube hasn't deflated yet!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Pâté on toast for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        I think I'll watch "The taking of Pelham 123" next.

The Denzel Washington version, of which I have the usual two copies.

The Taking of Pelham 123 (2009) - IMDb

However I've also got the 1974 version with Walter Matthau and Robert (We're gonna need a bigger boat) Shaw.

The Taking of Pelham One Two Three (1974) - IMDb
        I watched the original one a while back, but haven't seen the new one, or not all of it - I once caught about fifteen minutes of the end.

Back in the 1970s my great aunt (who was more like a grandmother to us, our actual maternal grandmother having died when my mother was a child) used to get those Readers Digest condensed books that had three or four books crammed into one volume. The original book on which the film was based was in one of them, and I read it once when we were staying wth her. But it was a long time ago, and I was only about twelve or thirteen, and also it was probably only about a quarter of the actual book once Readers Digest had finished condensing it; so I'm not really in a position to say whether it's worth reading or not

Comment

They didn't have a wetsuit, a generator or a rubber dinghy, so I bought the demolition hammer instead.

There was some maudlin tulipe on the wireless, the Sunday play on R4, which inspired me to watch this as an antidote:

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          So not so much the long dark teatime of the soul as the long dark elevenses.
          Something like that, but more to do with the absence of those who used to go God bothering on a Sunday.

It's not quite the same without them.

FB has just informed me that someone I'd never heard of, one Kirsty Gallacher, has just been done for DUI. Oh dear (tm). I'm not altogether sure that I give a tulip really.
          Last edited by zeitghost; 13 August 2017, 15:11.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I watched the original one a while back, but haven't seen the new one, or not all of it - I once caught about fifteen minutes of the end.

Back in the 1970s my great aunt (who was more like a grandmother to us, our actual maternal grandmother having died when my mother was a child) used to get those Readers Digest condensed books that had three or four books crammed into one volume. The original book on which the film was based was in one of them, and I read it once when we were staying wth her. But it was a long time ago, and I was only about twelve or thirteen, and also it was probably only about a quarter of the actual book once Readers Digest had finished condensing it; so I'm not really in a position to say whether it's worth reading or not
            I can't see from

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ta..._Three_(novel)

whether it's an original novel or a novellisation of the screenplay.

Ah. It's the former:

Peter Stone adapted the screenplay[1] from the 1973 novel of the same name written by Morton Freedgood under the pen name John Godey.
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ta...ee_(1974_film)

Unfortunately there's also a tv movie which will prove irritating to completists such as myself.

It's been a day of things breaking, first the bottom dropped out of a pickle jar when I poured some boiling water into it, and this afternoon I dropped a plate into the washing up bowl & it broke into 3 pieces.

Ho very hum.

I suppose I'll have to buy another plate now since all of those have got the way of all ceramics.

Probably bought from Woolies 30 years ago.

Like except that it's green.

Green is Good.

Feck me. £15 for a blue and white one.
            Last edited by zeitghost; 13 August 2017, 17:22.

Comment

Roast beef dinner accomplished

It was huge. I need to get a hang of this portion control concept. Can't move much now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Roast beef dinner accomplished

It was huge. I need to get a hang of this portion control concept. Can't move much now
                I recommend lying flat and adopting the starfish pose.

Comment

One large fridge shelf full of leftover cheese from yesterday's party. I asked everyone to bring one local cheese, that would have been 9 cheeses. We had about 30.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Intimacy advice?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      That's pretty much what I'm doing

Comment

Working...
                      X