• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    Bag packed, off to the airport shortly.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Karaoke last night. One of the ladies there could be a pro opera singer. Think I'm the 2nd best screecher. Must do some boring house decorating this morning. Old fart xmas meet up this afternoon.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny but cold start, with frost on the roof of the old stable and the other roofs visible from the kitchen window

Currently -1°C with an expected high of 4°, and the barometers are still about the same at 1015/1023mB.

I've got an eye test along the road at lunchtime. Has it really been two years since the last one? I'm not sure; but they phoned me and said I was due one, and who am I to doubt them?

So rather than ferry stuff to the flat, this morning I shall pop to Sainsbury's, where I will largely get stuff to take over to the flat. The main motivation for this is that I've got a voucher giving me £15 off if I spend at least £100, and it expires today. I also have many Nectar points to spend, so I might as well get some Christmas booze in and save some money at the same time; and there's bits for the kitchen and bathroom that could do with replacing, and it just so happens that I've also got a voucher for many bonus Nectar points if I spend a few bob on Habitat stuff

Ikea have communicated that the bed, sofa and bookcases will be arriving tomorrow between 9am and 1pm, so I'll need to get over there early. For reasons known only to their logistics algorithms, a few smaller parts of the sofa are being delivered separately by DPD, but also tomorrow. I'm just hoping they also come in the morning rather than some indeterminate time in the afternoon, though I daresay I'll spend a lot of the day assembling stuff. Which reminds me, I should take my tools over there. And I think I'll also take one of the spare Apple TVs, as if I hook it up to the old 32" TV I took over the other day and link it to my phone, I can at least stream some TV while I'm there. Or I could even stop off at Homebase, which is on the way there, and get an aerial lead. Not that there'll be anything on

Comment

Now humming John Denver quietly to myself.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cold in here at 10.1 deg, 10 deg in the kitchen, 8 deg in the leanto.

1022.5 mBar, 30.1944077 in Hg, 766.938 Torr, 14.83 psi, (unchanged), 72% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electronic).

Wednesday.

Meanwhile back on the 16th of March 2019 NF was advising me to ignore the piles of crap that still infest this house while he was busy ing away at what passes for software for CUK before visiting the Chinese takeaway..

Well that was exciting, one of the living room double glazed window lights just cracked spontaneously. Sounded like a bomb going off. Ho hum.

It was the one I triple glazed with film some days ago. How odd.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom & icy chill. Two pairs of gloves on & I still couldn't feel my fingers. .

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons soya & linseed toasted crust, bramble jelly blackcurrant jam and marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.61 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y. TWAO. <click> at 13:45 about that unfortunate witness who was offed by some scumbags.

Following on from the excitement of the shattering window this morning, the afternoon's minor pain in the arse was the win2k box with the zapper software on it refusing to boot.

It gets all the way to the end, then generates a STOP which disappears so fast you can't read it.

Took the disk out & connected it to another box with a USB adaptor thingie & it reads ok so I copied the directories from thence to hence & will potch on with it tomorrow.

Last touched this stuff in 2013 when the zapper for the Pacific Bell dvd player died but unfortunately the player itself wouldn't respond reliably to my version despite it looking 99.9% identical to what came out of the proper zapper. Then the player died so it didn't matter any more. .

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91*1.58 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E19 BMW E46 M3: how to change a manual sequential gearbox to a mandraulic one by stripping off all the auto stuff. Bought: $11k. Total: $13,447. Sold: $18k5. WTF was that other chap doing tooling around the parking structure (as the septics term a multistory)?

Ghosts US S1 E14.

The thing about the winter of 1963 on BBC4.

Skin A&E.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 December 2022, 22:05.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny, clear sky with wispy fluff. Currently 3 degrees with a high of 5 expected. Barometer steady at 1023 mbar.

Smalls have been washed and I need to put them out. Keep being distracted by parcels arriving and a spreadsheet.

Comment

Shopping done, discount applied

I forgot to use any of my Nectar points. Oh well, just have to do it next time

And DPD have thrown me a curveball by announcing they'll deliver bits of sofa and so on this afternoon, from about half one onwards. So I need to go over there then

I grabbed a whole roast chicken from the lukewarm food counter, which will probably be completely cold by the time I get back from the opticians but there we go. It'll make nice sandwiches, at any rate - which I'll probably have to wrap up and take with me

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

And DPD have thrown me a curveball by announcing they'll deliver bits of sofa and so on this afternoon, from about half one onwards. So I need to go over there then
                DPD are pretty good at rescheduling deliveries so you ought to be able to move it to tomorrow. I have the app and you can then track where the delivery driver is in relation to you so you don't have to wait in for hours.

Comment

Smalls hung out. Why does one sock always insist on wedging itself in the rubber rim and so comes out a soggy mess?

Dresses, tops, shirts went in next and finished ages ago. I have yet to take them out and hang them about.

Comment

Washing hung about. Final load in - jeans etc.

Ham and cheese toasted sandwich had for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

DPD are pretty good at rescheduling deliveries so you ought to be able to move it to tomorrow. I have the app and you can then track where the delivery driver is in relation to you so you don't have to wait in for hours.
                      Wish DHL were - ordered some shirts 2 weeks ago. Despatched over the weekend due to delays at the warehouse and now they've been sat in the local dhl warehouse since Monday morning.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X