• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

probably a lot more than 10p nowadays - more likely it will be a quid
    Yes, that was at 2000 prices

Comment

The kitchen chairs and bunch of other stuff were duly ferried over to the new place, and the remaining bookcase constructed. I haven't attached them to the walls yet though, as I didn't have my spirit level with me and the ones in the living room lean apart slightly, so I need to work out if it's one or both that needs to be pulled slightly back into position by the attachment

I didn't have time to go round to the bakery

Then back home, where I've sorted out the accumulated crap on the kitchen table to a sufficient degree that I can take that apart and ship it over. And for good measure I'm taking almost all the contents of the cutlery drawer and the drawer in which odd things accumulate. Looking at the time, I'm not sure I'll have time for a third trip there today unless I do it this evening, but first I'll see how well I manage at getting the books shelved. In fact, I'll see if I can get the smaller (non-Ikea) bookcase I use for DVDs over there now too, as they're taking up a fair amount of space on the floor. I'm pretty sure it will fit once all the seats are down and the luggage space cover removed, which I learned how to do for the chairs this morning

Comment

I managed to fit the table and DVD bookcase in the car in one load. The tabletop is round with drop leaves of about a third of its diameter at their greatest extent, and it weighs a fair bit, but I managed to cart it down and all the way out to the car with judicious rests along the way. Then the rest of the stuff was mainly easy enough to handle. I'd laid the back seats down and also the passenger seat, and the long sides (180cm) of the bookcase just made it through to the front, but were sufficiently wedged in amidst other stuff at the back that there was no chance of them shifting in any direction. And at the other end, the sack truck and lift made it a lot easier to get everything in

Then I attached the two living room bookcases to the wall, there already being holes as the previous owner had two in the same place, and got some shelves in and books thereon. But frankly, I was physically knackered by this point

So everything else will have to wait until tomorrow, but at least it's all starting to come together. In particular, once I've tidied up the kitchen and moved a few other bits from there (all lightweight, thank goodness) and got a few things sorted out from the living room (which I now know will fit in the car after today's experiments), I'll be in a position to get all the bulky stuff readily accessible for moving by the man with, I believe, several vans who lives up the road

And as that move will include the mattress and TV, I will at that point have moved over there; I'm hoping that will be early next week

Oh, and the knee has started grumbling a bit now, but it's held up well enough. I daresay it'll be all right if I rest it this evening

Comment

Waves from schiphol’s lounge

the cava is warm and no red wine - what’s worse is I’m paying for these flights myself
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Snowy walk with loony lady 3 this morning, then nice xmas bash at volunteer thing, followed by tea at loony lady 1's place. She brought me a small fold up umbrella for me bday, same as one I only brought last week, I didn't tell her.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: a Pukka steak & kidney pie with chips, peas and gravy. Well good

One thing I need to do before I leave here is address the fact that I live about six or eight minutes' walk from a KFC yet I've never been there

I like KFC too, but the last time I had it was in London years ago

Comment

The car earlier was a Mercedes E-something AMG, which is apparently a good one. And we're getting to the end of a gold diggers season again as some of them went out on a high.

Then some old Police Interceptors to go with the pie, which seems appropriate somehow

And finally a couple of episodes of The Repair Shop though I skipped the royal one for now as I was more in the mood for normal repairing of normal things

Down to -4°C out there now but, by dint of leaving the fire on medium-low while I was out today, it's made it to 20.1° in here

Goodnight all

Comment

Buongiorno
                  Coperto con nevischio previsto in seguito
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Miért nem tudsz angolul?

Did Wordle and DT Plusword in almost no time this morning. Brain is working for a change.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 15 December 2022, 09:26.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue sky. Frosty. Met Office app says it's -3 and Google weather app (from AccuWeather) says it's -6. Either way the high is 1 degree. Barometer up to 1012 mBar.

Busy busy again.

Comment

Working...
                      X