• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WifeTM is away at a conference for a couple of days.
    I watched “Blinded by the Light” on iPlayer earlier.
    It’s not too taxing a film, but the soundtrack is mostly Springsteen, which elevates it.
    Worth a watch, IMHO
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

The car earlier was a Chevrolet C-10 pickup truck. OK if you like that kind of thing. And there was the usual mixture of luck for the gold diggers.

And then some not-quite-as-old Police Interceptors while and after dining

Finally, Three Salons at the Seaside, a 1994 BBC film about three ladies' hairdressing establishments in Blackpool. Wonderful stuff, just bits of conversations while women are having their hair done

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          Happy St Andrew's Day

Foggy out. Last day today, might email them later to find out when they will be picking up their equipment.

Comment

Morning all

A brighter day today. Still cloudy but it's thinner and I can see patches of blue sky. Consequently it's chilly at 4 degrees with a high of 5 expected. Low chance of rain.

Dinner was at another very good local restaurant, run by an Aussie. Followed by a G&T in what has become our local bar.

This morning the cold is definitely back with a vengeance and I feel like crap.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky in parts.

Sunnyish.

Chilly in here at 12.8 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

1020.5 mBar, 30.135 in Hg, 765.437 Torr, 14.8011011 psi, (up from 1018), 76% RH (horsehair), 66% RH (Lidl).

Wednesday apparently.

Entertainment: Reith lecture: Freedom of Speech.

Meanwhile the 11th of March 2019 found me "bored, now". No Warrens were skinned due to this.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine. Failure to take a pitstop halfway through led to an accelerated pace towards the end.

Lunch: scrambled egg (2 Medium) and poached tomato (2 approaching end of life) on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.66 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about parcel delivery companies, disappearing fingerprints causing problems at airports, increasing delivery of fast food 2nd bypassing the people in the queue at the counter.

House roughly vacced.

A curious circuit I found on an old printout loaded into the simulator which, as is usual with spice, failed to produce anything of note.

Leading to Freecell score: 55%, running average 85%.

Bored. Now.

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, a mini Xmas pud with custard, 0.91*1.61 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM with much discussion of an elderly lady asking some apparently offensive questions.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E13 1985 Mazda RX7: bought for $4k5, total: $8k653, sold: $9k950 if I understood correctly. Changed the throttle body due to play in the original one causing idling problems (I remember something similar with a Weber 32/36 back in the day), changed the springs & shock absorbers, the steering wheel, removed all the "Gary" type aftermarket boltons, cooling fan shroud, refinished wheels, paint job.

Ghosts US S1 E9.

Skin A&E S4 E8.

The Repair Shoppe: brooch, rag doll.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 November 2022, 19:07.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey day out, currently 5°C and "foggy" (no actual fog) with a possible high of 7° later. The barometers have bounced back at 1017/1025mB

Today I will be shifting a load of clothes over to the new place, as that will enable me to disassemble and move a large Ikea chest of drawers, and that in turn will give a pleasing sense of progress being made

The kettle has stopped working!

Its interior light still comes on so it has power, but no heating of water occurs. I had to boil the water for my morning coffee in a saucepan

It wasn't an expensive kettle, and its lid has started sticking occasionally, but generally speaking it's served me well. Oh well, there's probably some old saying about "new flat, new kettle"

Comment

The kettle has stopped working
                  I find some electric things are weird. Decorative lamp in my bedroom wasn't working, assumed it needed new bulb but didn't get round to doing it. Then, a few nights ago, I'd just got into bed and it came on. Must be an evil spirit.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

METAR EGFF 301050Z AUTO 08008KT 7000 BKN004 OVC015 06/05 Q1025

Absolutely baltic when I left the house first thing. Bit foggy again today but not as bad as yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Morning denizens

Another grey day out, currently 5°C and "foggy" (no actual fog) with a possible high of 7° later. The barometers have bounced back at 1017/1025mB

Today I will be shifting a load of clothes over to the new place, as that will enable me to disassemble and move a large Ikea chest of drawers, and that in turn will give a pleasing sense of progress being made

The kettle has stopped working!

Its interior light still comes on so it has power, but no heating of water occurs. I had to boil the water for my morning coffee in a saucepan

It wasn't an expensive kettle, and its lid has started sticking occasionally, but generally speaking it's served me well. Oh well, there's probably some old saying about "new flat, new kettle"
                      Pay attention when paying one. A lot of kettles are now only 2200watts rather than 3000watts so take longer to heat things up.

I ended up paying £40 for this one as it will boil just a single cup if that's all you want Russell Hobbs 21600-10 Illuminating Glass Kettle, Black, 1.7 Litre, 3000 Watt : Amazon.co.uk: Home & Kitchen
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X