• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I wonder if the squirrel will forget about one or more nuts and new trees start to grow?
    Would be good, but sadly the groundskeepers or gardeners or whatever they are will probably root them out

They were here the other day severely trimming all the hedges, meaning I now have a better view into the kitchens of the ground floor flats in the block opposite

Comment

The temperature got up to 1 degree and is now down to -2. I have not been outside.

Meanwhile HWMBO has been researching a holiday in Barbados.

Comment

Tea has been Southern not-fried chicken (Sainsbury's variety) and chips, with lashings of ketchup

I seem to be eating a lot of chicken in breadcrumbs seasoned with herbs and spices this week. That's what comes of over-ordering takeaway without any regard for what you have in the fridge that'll Need to be Eaten™ in a few days

Comment

Tonight's only telly was the rest of an episode of Police Interceptors that I didn't finish the other night - last week, probably

And then some mucking around with SwiftUI, followed by reading a bit more of Erotic Vagrancy

Two more days! Definitely not keen on these five day weeks

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Open skies and a chilly start out: -5°C, with a frost despite the dew point of -7°; there's a chance of getting as high as 2° at lunchtime, though only briefly. The barometers are back up a bit at 991/1000mB, for what that's worth

Comment

After dithering around trying to work out a suitable time to go shopping (will it be frosty tonight? don't fancy driving in that; could go tomorrow lunchtime? but it's the PM's last day so there could be last minute catchups; and so on) I realised that I don't want anything that requires my physical presence at the shop (some stuff simply isn't online for unexplained reasons, or certain criteria can't be specified). So I've ordered a delivery for this evening instead. One less thing to fret over

Comment

^^^ Jays apparently plant lots & lots of acorns, which explains why there are so many little oak trees in the lawns. I feel guilty when I mow them out.

Morning.

Thursday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Frosty.

Cold in here at 9.7 deg, 6 deg in the kitchen, 4 deg in the leanto.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (up from 997 last night), 70% RH (GDR hair), 51% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 18th of August 2019 the discussion of proper BBQ cooking continued whereas later in the day "Dune (1984)" was watched.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine. It's cold out there.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: TWATO.

The 13:45 thing on R4: "Tomorrow belongs to me" Inc. .

And it's bye bye to raw steel production at Treasure Island (Margam steelworks).

We'll be in the tulipe if push comes to shove and we need raw steel again.

Never mind, I'm sure buying chinese crap steel will tide us over.

Tea: chilli con carne etc.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E1 Ford Fiesta XR2: MOT expired last March.

The Directors: Don Siegel.

The thing about the Doomsday Atomic Clock currently at 90 seconds to midnight. Ended with lots of pie in the sky about abolishing the damn things, as if that's going to happen any time soon.

The Scottish Film locations thing on Alba.

That Ramsey chap wandering about talking to someone.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 January 2024, 22:10.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                  Fingers just about thawed out from earlier perambulation, clear skies and still about -2. Might light the fire soon.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Clear skies. Much frost. Currently -5 ('feels like' -9) with a high of 2 expected. Snow forecast early afternoon.

Have to move the hire car which means going outside.

Comment

Car de-iced. Fingers didn't like it. Should have waited for the sun to come out more as it's quite bright now and would have been done naturally.

Comment

Working...
                      X