• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Rather a cloudy start and unwrap again, being -1°C and not expected to get beyond +1°. No obvious frost again, though. Due to be very cold tonight, too: down to -6° at times. The barometers are down a good bit more at 981/989mB

Forgot to mention last night that I'd finished off Eon before going to sleep

Comment

Morning all
      Thermometer says it's -0.7, but the cars aren't frozen, the road isn't frozen, the grass isn't frozen, in fact the only thing to still be frozen is half the pond.

Just been sent a 300 line spreadsheet for review. It's supposed to be an extract of the main topics on the project, I'm thinking it's a bit long. Then I spotted a few duplicates on it. Turns out the PM has extracted it including the UserID of each person involved in each topic.
      65 lines to review now. That will greatly reduce the meeting time.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mornin'. chilly following a heavy overnight frost. Shan't be venturing far... or anywhere really TBH.

Work is heating up and will shortly become a RPITA. Plus ca change... or summit.

Anyway, laters...

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Grumble. Got to lead group walk this morning as usual person on holiday. Be prepared for news of bunch of old farts disappearing.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Cold side of cold at 10.1 deg in here, 7.5 deg in the kitchen, 6 deg in the leanto.

991 mBar, 29.264 in Hg, 743.3111 Torr, 14.373 psi, (down from 996 last night), 71% RH (GDR hair), 54% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 18th of August 2019 it was grey and rainy (though a good deal warmer than now at a guess), with dog walks put off until later, a soapbox race later, and NF off on his travels down south for a BBQ of some sort.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom & cold wind.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Well now we know what the news will be harping on about endlessly until the next thing comes along. <click>

I dunno which part of "the social worker cannot force entry" was difficult to understand for the BBC drone.

Freecell score: 86%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Wheeler Dealers S10 E12 the 1962 Cadillac Coupe Deville.

The Bad Skin Clinic. Chap with a prosthesis causing problems due to standing 12 hrs a day at work.

Dr Pimple Popper. Lady with a birthmark. Chap with some weird growths on his leg & pubic area plus what looks like lymphoedema. Elephantiasis nostra verrucosa. Lead singer from Icon with a cyst on his neck.

The parts of The Repair Shop on Quest dealing with a clock with a Congreve Escapement. I've always wanted one of those since I saw one in Cardiff about 60 years ago. As time keepers they are dreadful.

This example was built by a chap's grandfather out of flat brass stock, so he knew what he was doing though he wasn't a clock maker.

I've upset the mods at the vintage radio site. . They're a bit more anally retentive than our esteemed moderators. .

Actually I suspect most of them are so bunged up they haven't had a decent crap in years.

Just mentioning cars or vehicles with wheels is enough to get you banned. .

Part 3 of the Film Noir thing on Sky Arts.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 January 2024, 09:12.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue sky, sunny, cold, much frost. Currently -4 ('feels like' -7) with a high of 1 expected.

No news to report.

Comment

Lunch: turkey soup

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Rather a cloudy start and unwrap again, being -1°C and not expected to get beyond +1°.
                I have no idea how auto-incorrect came up with "unwrap". I assume it should be "cold"

Comment

Walk turned out rather well. Only pretty fit people turned up so was just about the right length. Local history group talk this evening, just up the top of the road, so might amble up if I can be a*d.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Just chucked some nuts, scattered widely, on the big lawn for the squirrels as I was carting a bag over to the recycling. By the time I got back upstairs, a squirrel had just discovered them. Its modus operandi seems to be to take them away a nut at a time and hide each one in a different place away from the big lawn. It buried one at the edge of the small lawn outside the adjacent block, so I was able to see what it was up to

But it must be the squirrel that's a bit of a dick towards the birds, and one of the crows seems to have had enough of its tulip. Said crow came flying down from the roof of the block opposite and swooped really low, right over the squirrel's head, just to annoy it, then went and joined the other crow that was wandering around nearby. And a few minutes later when they decided to leave, it deliberately modified its course to once again swoop really low over the squirrel's head as it was trying to cart one of the nuts away. Let's hope things settle down out there and don't go beyond this minor skirmishing; an all-out war between birds and squirrels isn't really what we need right now

Comment

I wonder if the squirrel will forget about one or more nuts and new trees start to grow?

Comment

Working...
                      X